Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/11/2018, 06:04 AM   #26
sanjay7
Registered Member

Yes . I'm just a beginner. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
This.

The tank is too small. Your experience is lacking. You don't even know what equipment you have. This is not the recipe for success. Sorry.

Kevin
Sent from my HTC Desire 820s dual sim using Tapatalk

sanjay7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2018, 01:07 PM   #27
sanjay7
Registered Member

What corals can I add in my tank . Do I need to add bacteria .I'm using seawater
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay7 View Post
I don't have corals now. I'm planning to add.
https://youtu.be/U1E25PUGchM
Here is my tank

Unread 05/11/2018, 10:06 PM   #28
top shelf
Registered Member

Before you attempt to add anything more to your tank this would be a good read for you.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1031074

Unless you answered the questions in your video, which I admit I have not watched, we still need to know more about your tank and get answers to some of the questions that have been asked.

We know the age of the tank but what type of lighting, what are your parameters, you say there fine but unfortunately that doesn't tell us much.

Using a salt mix or nsw for your tank makes no difference you shouldn't have to add any bacteria if your tank is cycled which in 3 months it should be by now.

Current tank info: 45g SCA Cube
top shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2018, 05:02 PM   #29
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

You didn't show us the light you have in that vid. Also you need more live rock, the kind with lots of deep crevices. BTAs needs that type of rock if you plan to get BTAs. If you have a LED light, look at the power adapter. What does it say for output. It should say what DC and Amps. That will tell us at least the power. I'm in the minority on this but I think you can have a BTA in your tank but after you get more rocks and understand basic knowledge of water parameters and get test kits refractometer, RODI to keep water stable. I have a 20 gallon and a 5 gallon tanks with BTA. So it can work.

BeachVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/15/2018, 10:02 AM   #30
garygb
Registered Member

Anemones tend to wander and be annoying if the water parameters aren't in good shape. So, like some of the other posters have suggested, I'd say focus on a non-invertebrate tank for 6 months or so. Then, if you still want an anemone/clown combo, and you've had success keeping the water parameters in check and have the proper (high intensity) lighting. A bulb tip anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor) would be the best first host anemone species. They tend to be fairly hardy. Just make sure any pump intakes are covered with screen or foam as they will wander around the tank until they find a hole in the live rock that suits them. The water parameters that they need are a temp in the 78-82F range, sg of 1.025-1.027, nitrates undetectable or as close to undetectable as possible. You will benefit from a protein skimmer and macroalgae or even just a section of the tank with regular algae (hair etc.). The algae is great at reducing the nitrate and creating healthy water conditions.

garygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/15/2018, 02:29 PM   #31
sanjay7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by top shelf View Post
Before you attempt to add anything more to your tank this would be a good read for you.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1031074

Unless you answered the questions in your video, which I admit I have not watched, we still need to know more about your tank and get answers to some of the questions that have been asked.

We know the age of the tank but what type of lighting, what are your parameters, you say there fine but unfortunately that doesn't tell us much.

Using a salt mix or nsw for your tank makes no difference you shouldn't have to add any bacteria if your tank is cycled which in 3 months it should be by now.
I use normal LED light . I'm not sure about the output of it . It's just a month old tank .

Unread 05/15/2018, 02:30 PM   #32
sanjay7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachVacationer View Post
You didn't show us the light you have in that vid. Also you need more live rock, the kind with lots of deep crevices. BTAs needs that type of rock if you plan to get BTAs. If you have a LED light, look at the power adapter. What does it say for output. It should say what DC and Amps. That will tell us at least the power. I'm in the minority on this but I think you can have a BTA in your tank but after you get more rocks and understand basic knowledge of water parameters and get test kits refractometer, RODI to keep water stable. I have a 20 gallon and a 5 gallon tanks with BTA. So it can work.
Yes gonna add more rocks for sure . I use led light , not sure about the output. What would be the preferred one ?

Unread 05/16/2018, 06:56 PM   #33
top shelf
Registered Member

LED's are a good light source, on my 45g I run a maxspect razr 120w version supplemented with t5. You just need a light with enough power. It is Overkill but I would go with a viparspectra black box fixture, they can be had on Amazon for about $100. The fixture if turned all the way up is 165w. However if you keep it dimmed it would still be fine for your tank and grow anything you ever want to put in it. Just be very very careful if you go that route. Hang it 10-12in above your tank and start out at 20-25%. Then slowly raise is no more then 2-3% a week till you reach your desired level. The benefit of this light is if your on a budget it's a lot of power for not much coin and is very respected among the community. It will also allow you to use it on a bigger tank if you ever decide to upgrade.

I have a 15g tank in the works and that is the exact light I plan to use on it. A word of caution though if you don't acclimate your corals to it and start low and go slow you will bleach and possibly kill them all.

Unread 05/17/2018, 09:58 AM   #34
sanjay7
Registered Member

Quote:
LED's are a good light source, on my 45g I run a maxspect razr 120w version supplemented with t5. You just need a light with enough power. It is Overkill but I would go with a viparspectra black box fixture, they can be had on Amazon for about $100. The fixture if turned all the way up is 165w. However if you keep it dimmed it would still be fine for your tank and grow anything you ever want to put in it. Just be very very careful if you go that route. Hang it 10-12in above your tank and start out at 20-25%. Then slowly raise is no more then 2-3% a week till you reach your desired level. The benefit of this light is if your on a budget it's a lot of power for not much coin and is very respected among the community. It will also allow you to use it on a bigger tank if you ever decide to upgrade.

I have a 15g tank in the works and that is the exact light I plan to use on it. A word of caution though if you don't acclimate your corals to it and start low and go slow you will bleach and possibly kill them all.
https://youtu.be/tgoRVwPSnHE

I have added one more clown. They seem fine . I did show the light here also . Will take a pic and send

Unread 05/17/2018, 07:04 PM   #35
top shelf
Registered Member

Unfortunately that doesn't really give any info on the light, about all you can tell is that it's about 12k. What is the brand name of the light?

If you don't want overkill for a Iight I have heard good things about the ai prime hd. They run about $200 come with some decent control and would be about perfect for your tank.

Unread 06/08/2018, 03:53 PM   #36
sanjay7
Registered Member

Sorry for late reply . Which one is good t5 or led. Km gonna get tube lights from electrical store and fix it .
Quote:
Unfortunately that doesn't really give any info on the light, about all you can tell is that it's about 12k. What is the brand name of the light?

If you don't want overkill for a Iight I have heard good things about the ai prime hd. They run about $200 come with some decent control and would be about perfect for your tank.

Unread 06/08/2018, 03:54 PM   #37
sanjay7
Registered Member

It is a 2 feet tank . Approx 16-18g tank . I added dead rocks .
Quote:
Sorry for late reply . Which one is good t5 or led. Km gonna get tube lights from electrical store and fix it .

Unread 06/08/2018, 09:13 PM   #38
top shelf
Registered Member

Quote:

They are both good light sources and each has it's own draw back. Led can grow coral and nems just as well as any other light but being a point source light they can have shadowed areas and supplemententing with t5's can be very beneficial. T5's are solid and have proven themselves over the years but can be costly in replacing bulbs and can shock corals and nems if old bulbs are changed at once. Basically the same concept as taking them from a low light tank to a strong light tank. Over time the bulbs lose power and aren't as strong.

Just curious did you read anything in the link I provided?

Also I'm sorry to tell you but more then likely your not going to find anything at an electrical store that will benefit your tank unless it's a grow light for chaeto. You may be able to pick up some t5ho or even old school pc (you want t5ho, not t8 or t12) fixtures but the bulbs in them won't be very useful for much but growing algae. You will still need to source the proper bulbs.

If you can provide a budget we can give you some options for lighting and where to find them.

Unread 06/09/2018, 01:29 AM   #39
sanjay7
Registered Member

Yeah I saw that link . It was complicated.

Yes j want to go in budget.
Lemme know some sources
Quote:
They are both good light sources and each has it's own draw back. Led can grow coral and nems just as well as any other light but being a point source light they can have shadowed areas and supplemententing with t5's can be very beneficial. T5's are solid and have proven themselves over the years but can be costly in replacing bulbs and can shock corals and nems if old bulbs are changed at once. Basically the same concept as taking them from a low light tank to a strong light tank. Over time the bulbs lose power and aren't as strong.

Just curious did you read anything in the link I provided?

Also I'm sorry to tell you but more then likely your not going to find anything at an electrical store that will benefit your tank unless it's a grow light for chaeto. You may be able to pick up some t5ho or even old school pc (you want t5ho, not t8 or t12) fixtures but the bulbs in them won't be very useful for much but growing algae. You will still need to source the proper bulbs.

If you can provide a budget we can give you some options for lighting and where to find them.

Unread 06/18/2018, 11:14 AM   #40
Kegel
Registered Member

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kegel is offline   Reply With Quote