Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/15/2014, 12:36 PM   #1
explorer07
Registered Member

hey guys been on before but want to make sure im in right track

Can you please tell me how im doing with my equipment. I have a 75 gallon reef tank with a eshopps 30 gallon refugium, T5 4 bulb lifgting system , I have a crapy protein skimmer but am planning on a new bubble magus nac6 next week, for flow i have 1 jebao wp25 and a rio 2500 for return pump, 75 pounds of live rock and a 2 inch live sand bed.

For coral:
duncan with about 6or7 heads.
Green star
Nuclear poly
Pulsing xenia
2 heads branching frog spawn
A glove cant remember name.

For fish:
1 yellow tang
1 firefish
1 royal gramma
1 clown
2 blue damsels (live in refugium)
Can I add more???

In my sump i have 10 pounds live rock, 20 pounds live sand and a bunch of cullerpa.

I am also planning on getting 2 full spectrum led systems with the nac6. Any suggestions would be great.

explorer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2014, 12:52 PM   #2
edinphilly
Registered Member

You'll probably have some people cry about the tang in a 75 but you seem ok especially since you're upgrading the skimmer. How are your nitrates and phosphates? Nuisance algae? If things are okay just add very slowly. And remember the more you push the fish bioload the more challenging it will be to keep more challenging corals.

edinphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2014, 02:59 PM   #3
explorer07
Registered Member

Ph 8.2, amonia 0, nitrites 0 nitrates 0, my tank has been running for 6 months now. No algea to speak of

Unread 10/15/2014, 03:20 PM   #4
sh8g8delik
Registered Member

Looks like you have a list of some pretty hardy corals so you're good there. Im assuming all your fish gets along. I would be cautious when you add anymore peaceful fish since the tang mightve already claimed dominance and they're usually the aggressive type. If i were to add anymore fish i would float acclimate the bag in the tank and see how the other inhabitants take to the fish. If you have alot of rocks depending on the size of the fish it might be able to find refuge and be able to hide from the aggressive fish but i would check in the fish forum just to make sure. Very helpful people on there and all over this site.

sh8g8delik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/21/2014, 10:45 PM   #5
explorer07
Registered Member

The tang gets along with everyone. My Bubble magus nac6 arrives monday. I think im going to do a carbon and phosphate reactor in line as well.