Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/12/2017, 10:02 AM   #1
UB400
Registered Member

Question about Phosphate Minus in a media reactor

I just watched the new Zoemix Video from AquaForest. I noticed that the media is "loose" in the media reactor.

I've been using Phosphate Minus for several months now and even though I'm using it in a Media Reactor (Non AF), I've always put the Phosphate minus in a media bag, because the particles are relatively fine.

When I wash the Phosphate Minus prior to use, I wash it out under tap water in a media bag and there is a lot of brown dust and fine particles that get washed out.

Having watched the video, I was wondering whether the "foam filter" can hold back these fine particles or whether they end up in th eAquarium?

Also a request, could you please do a video on Phosphate Minus, I would really like to see how you prepare it i.e. wash it and how much do you wash it out? Or do you just soak it, like you did with the Zeo Mix.

Same goes for the Carbon.

UB400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2017, 03:12 PM   #2
Bill Nye
Registered Member

I've never used phosphate minus but I assume its basically the same as other GFO. When I change gfo I put it in the reactor then run water through it and put the outlet into a bucket till it runs clear. Once all th e fine material is gone it wont make a mess.

Bill Nye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 01:50 AM   #3
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Please do not rinse Phosphate Minus in RODI water – the brown dust is normal, this is active phosphate remover. Rinsing Phosphate Minus lowers its efficiency.

Video of Phosphate Minus will be publishing this week.

Regards,
Aquaforest

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/30/2017, 10:53 AM   #4
madreefer2013
Registered Member

Don't put phosphate minus in bag. This reduces the efficiency. Yes some will end up in the tank.

madreefer2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carbon, phosphate minus