Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/25/2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Atilla_87
Registered Member

RT Distributors

Anyone every ordered from RT Distributors? Good/Bad experience? They have a $500 min order, but have some dirt cheap prices on tangs (like $28 for an achilles).

Here is their website. http://hawaiisaltwaterfish.com/

Atilla_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/25/2016, 09:01 PM   #2
Breakthecycle2
Registered Member

Im pretty sure you need to have a license to buy from them.

Breakthecycle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2016, 06:42 AM   #3
alton
Registered Member

If you contact them they will give you a list of stores near you that import there fish

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2016, 07:28 AM   #4
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Ron Tubs as RT stands for is a joke. I wouldn't purchase a thing from him. He often makes claims of fish he "has" that aren't accurate or true. A few members on here have had bad experiences with him. Also if you order lets say 3 fish from him but he only has the 1, he ships it out and never tells you otherwise that the others won't be coming. He is shady at best. Also anything you see on Ebay that is from Hawaii that has $15 listed under shipping is sold buy his Minion, Eric. Diver Direct is the way to go but there are plenty of other Divers in Hawaii that you can get fish from. Rufus above all is by far the best. Kaiohi Tropical Fish is his company, here is the number 808-728-8806

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2016, 08:53 AM   #5
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Also what your not taking into account is the box charges, and air cargo fee that will be associated with the fish. Also anything coming from Hawaii Air Cargo, we will use Delta as a example since I know thats how they ship the fish, will fly into Atlanta if you're on the east coast and have to sit on the runway in the cold or heat for 4 hrs before they will load it up again and send it to your nearest airport. Alive arrive is what you may get on some things and others you will get no guarantee at all.

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Unread 01/26/2016, 10:39 AM   #6
Breakthecycle2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
Ron Tubs as RT stands for is a joke. I wouldn't purchase a thing from him. He often makes claims of fish he "has" that aren't accurate or true. A few members on here have had bad experiences with him. Also if you order lets say 3 fish from him but he only has the 1, he ships it out and never tells you otherwise that the others won't be coming. He is shady at best. Also anything you see on Ebay that is from Hawaii that has $15 listed under shipping is sold buy his Minion, Eric. Diver Direct is the way to go but there are plenty of other Divers in Hawaii that you can get fish from. Rufus above all is by far the best. Kaiohi Tropical Fish is his company, here is the number 808-728-8806
Do you need a license to buy from him?

Breakthecycle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2016, 12:48 PM   #7
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

From Rufus? No. Or you can contact Adrian at SaltyAquaria who works with Rufus at the fire department and anything on the site comes directly from Rufus, although I haven't heard from Adrian in several months so I'm not sure what's going on as far as that goes. Can also give you the name and number of another person who deals with Rufus on a daily level and is also good friends with him and Karen

Unread 01/26/2016, 02:33 PM   #8
70ss
Registered Member

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...8#post24178468

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...t+distributors

70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2016, 02:57 PM   #9
Atilla_87
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I'm on the west coast and was taking into account the air cargo expenses. It still penciled out to a really good deal. I went ahead and emailed Rufus for a price/inventory list though. We'll see what sort of prices he has.

Unread 01/26/2016, 03:02 PM   #10
Atilla_87
Registered Member

RT sounds pretty shady according to those links. I guess that's why I asked here first!

Unread 12/15/2017, 03:48 AM   #11
MrBob6680
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
Also what your not taking into account is the box charges, and air cargo fee that will be associated with the fish. Also anything coming from Hawaii Air Cargo, we will use Delta as a example since I know thats how they ship the fish, will fly into Atlanta if you're on the east coast and have to sit on the runway in the cold or heat for 4 hrs before they will load it up again and send it to your nearest airport. Alive arrive is what you may get on some things and others you will get no guarantee at all.
Hi Dmorty,
I read from the forums buyers looking to find reliable wholesale exporter of Hawaii marine fish.

Can you recommend me a few that is legit and trustworthy for long term business?
I am from Brunei by the way.

Please if you can email me. bobbylim81@gmail.com

Thanks!

MrBob6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2017, 05:48 AM   #12
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

I will send you a email when I get home from work. I have the information you want but just not in my phone. Or if d-man sees this I'm sure he has Rufus info readily available he can email to you too

Last edited by Dmorty217; 12/15/2017 at 09:59 AM.