Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/30/2018, 05:44 AM   #26
elecbzerk
Premium Member

You could keep an eye in things in that sump room while reloading..I see some reloading items on that shelf..my 2 favorite things..

elecbzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2018, 10:38 AM   #27
jkcoon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecbzerk View Post
You could keep an eye in things in that sump room while reloading..I see some reloading items on that shelf..my 2 favorite things..
I was about to say the same.... I'd also keep an eye on the slab under the posts, unless you dug it out and put in footings

jkcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2018, 04:00 PM   #28
lorenzr
Registered Member

two things besides footers

1st. Need more bolts on you sistered beam. The wood directly atop of your metal posts. one carriage bolt every 6" in a zig zag pattern. This is due to wood is overloaded it will twist first before cracking or splitting.

2nd I would solid block (aka bridging) those floor joists. For the same twisting reason. To strengthen a floor for heavy loads. Blocking will add rigidity. The floor actually bounces more due to twisting rather than raw deflection. Just blocking might get you enough support

3rd footers.. Which the posts and beam are useless without footers.
2" basement slab.

lorenzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2018, 08:57 PM   #29
PeteStarks
Registered Member

I'm running a little over 200 gallons in my living room without any jack posts. 3ish years later I have not detected any sags or damage. Better safe that sorry and from the looks of it you will be plenty safe.

PeteStarks is offline   Reply With Quote