Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/19/2019, 10:19 AM   #1
biggertef
Registered Member

FS: 120G+ rimless starphire w/beananimal

I am going to be moving soon and have decided it's time to sell my tank. It is currently set up as a freshwater aquatic plant tank.

You can view pictures at:

https://www.azaquaticplants.com/foru...arting-my-tank

I will be moving likely ~April so wanted to put this out there to get an idea of the interest level. As my house is just now getting ready to go on market, I dont' yet know whether I am going to get rid of this immediately or after the sale. Waiting on the realtor for the advice on this.

I have had this tank for 5 years and it has been phenomenal. I am only parting with it as I have not had the time over the last year or so to spend on it. I have been letting it run low-tech without CO2. Very low maintenance this way but suggest this be used as a full CO2 setup as it works very well for that.

The tank is a custom (from Aquatouch) rimless starphire 48x30x22 with black glass on back and a center overflow box with a beananimal overflow. (This was my first time with an overflow, and highly recommended.) The overflow feeds into a 40G tank in the base of the stand set up as a 3 compartment wet-dry - middle section is trickle filter. CO2 is injected into the sump of the wet dry prior to being pumped back into the main tank. I was extremely pleased with the entire system. I could grow anything. My only real limitation is PHX water, which could be overcome with RO if desired.

The stand is a knotty alder stand - 30" high. Very nice.

Lighting is a 6 tube 48" TEK light. 2 CO2 cansisters/1 regulator. Jecod/Jebao DCT-6000 return pump.

There are lots and lots of cherry shrimp and many, many ancistrus catfish - brown and albino which have bred several times in this tank.

Plants... don't remember what's in there now, just that there are lots of them.

Soil is aquasoil.

Finally, there is a large manzanita center piece. Also, I have a BUNCH of other manzanita that I bought but did not use. A wheelbarrow and a big box full.

I would like to get $1700 but will entertain reasonable offers.

If anyone is interested in this, shoot me a note with any questions.

Thanks,
Will

biggertef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2019, 10:43 AM   #2
biggertef
Registered Member

Unfortunately, I am not sure if the link I posted will work unless you are a member and my photobucket link is gone it seems. If you would like pictures, please PM me your email and I can email you some pictures.

Unread 01/19/2019, 10:44 AM   #3
kjonulak
Registered Member

FYI if someone is not a member of AZ Aquatic Plants, I don't think they will be able to see your pictures. I am a member and had to log in to see your posts/pictures. Nice tank, I use to have many, many FW planted tanks.

kjonulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2019, 11:11 AM   #4
biggertef
Registered Member

Pics

Hoping this works for pics...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S9XEo3jsw9v6M89t6

Unread 01/19/2019, 11:23 AM   #5
kjonulak
Registered Member

Yes, it does. Good luck selling, once again a beautiful tank

Makes me want to have a FW planted tank again lol. At some point I will but most likely I will use one of my 7 or 9 gallon nano tanks.

Unread 01/19/2019, 11:25 AM   #6
kjonulak
Registered Member

For your CO2 tanks, are you interested in selling them separately? If so, what's the expriration date on them?

Side question, not sure where you are located, but where do you get your tanks filled?

Unread 01/19/2019, 12:01 PM   #7
Vanpire
Registered Member

WOW. That is one amazing looking tank. Good luck with your sale.

Unread 01/19/2019, 12:31 PM   #8
biggertef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjonulak View Post
For your CO2 tanks, are you interested in selling them separately? If so, what's the expriration date on them?

Side question, not sure where you are located, but where do you get your tanks filled?
I would prefer to sell the tanks with setup, if possible. If I don't have sell the system as a whole, then I would consider selling the tanks seperately.

For CO2 refills (bottle exchange), I went to Vern Lewis 8231 E Apache Trail, Mesa, AZ 85207

Might have been somewhere closer to me but I liked dealing with them.

Unread 01/20/2019, 11:14 AM   #9
Roy Arena
Registered Member

That is one of the best looking planted tanks I have ever seen. Good luck with sale.

Roy Arena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 08:37 PM   #10
biggertef
Registered Member

Thanks for the kudos all. One disclaimer on this is that this is the pics from when I was running CO2 on the system. Right now I am running 'low tech' meaning no CO2. I still have lots of plants in there but it doesn't have the same manicured look. It's more of a jungle with lots of plants - the faster, hardier ones have overtaken some of the slower growing ones. This is mainly due to ease of maintenance. When I was running the CO2 it took a couple hours every week to do trimming, water changes, fertilizing, etc. I was literally throwing away huge handfuls of plants every week due to the phenomenal growth. Unfortunately, life gets in the way and I could not devote the amount of time to maintain such a 'needy' system . Running it low tech allows me to do filter maintenance/water changes every other week and it only takes a half hour or so All of the hardware is still there for CO2, I just don't use it.

Also, for those interested, the plecos and shrimp eat zucchini from costco (and probably aquatic plants). I throw a few catfish pellets in there from time to time as I think there might still be a corydorus in there.

Unread 01/21/2019, 01:58 PM   #11
rgonzalez
Registered Member

Is it plumbed for an overflow?

Current Tank Info: 105 DSA
rgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2019, 02:07 PM   #12
biggertef
Registered Member

Yeah, there is a center overflow. Bean animal setup with 2 returns on either side of overflow. Let me know if I answered what you are looking for

Unread 01/21/2019, 02:19 PM   #13
biggertef
Registered Member

I added a couple pics to the album. Stand, overflow box, returns, underside plumbing. Hope this helps. Link to album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/S9XEo3jsw9v6M89t6

Unread 01/21/2019, 06:58 PM   #14
rgonzalez
Registered Member

That does help. Thank you!

Current Tank Info: 105 DSA
rgonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2019, 07:33 PM   #15
biggertef
Registered Member

By the way, you may know this but the overflow is actually a 'toothed' overflow. I put black plastic mesh over to try to stem the flow of critters down to the sump. It seems critters are very, very curious what lies beyond.

Unread 01/26/2019, 02:22 PM   #16
biggertef
Registered Member

I will also be willing to sell tank/stand only without the other equipment, if desired. Open to reasonable offers.

Unread 02/12/2019, 09:06 PM   #17
savageAJC
Registered Member

beautiful tank, whats the price for just tank/stand?

savageAJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/15/2019, 08:30 PM   #18
biggertef
Registered Member

PM sent

Unread 02/16/2019, 07:38 PM   #19
biggertef
Registered Member

I've been asked a few times what is the price for just tank and stand. I would like to get $1200 for the tank/stand which is about half of what I paid for it but as mentioned I will entertain reasonable offers.

Unread 03/03/2019, 08:02 PM   #20
biggertef
Registered Member

Hey all, this tank will need to be torn down this upcoming weekend as my move is in full swing. If this doesn't get sold this weekend - moved out by next weekend, it is going to a friend of a friend. So, in other words, this would be the opportune time for those reasonable offers to flow in.

Unread 03/15/2019, 09:04 AM   #21
biggertef
Registered Member

Tank is gone! Thanks all for the interest.