Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/01/2018, 09:53 AM   #1
jacobse1
Registered Member

Energy Bar 832 not showing up on apex controls

I have the newer generation Apex controller. I took down the controller a few months ago while moving and am setting it up in the new tank now. I have the base unit connected directly to the 832. The 832 indicator is solid orange. The circuit breaker button is in. All outlet indicators are off.

I have several expansion modules and 3 other energy bars connected downstream of the 832, and they’re all working appropriately.

On apex fusion I see 4 energy bars, the three that are working and a 4th. The fourth (EB2) I think was the name of an old EB8 that I have connected to my old-school fusion, but I can’t for certain say it’s not the EB832. Manually turning those outlets doesn’t change the EB832 indicators.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the EB832 and tried powering off the EB832 and powering it on again. I assume the connecting cords are good since everything downstream works. Any suggestions?

jacobse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2018, 10:53 AM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

If you updated the firmware on your base unit, I would go to the modules page and update the firmware on the EB8-32. Heck, I’d do the firmware update on the EB8-32 regardless as that often solves these kinds of issues. Also double check the hidden tiles page by clicking the lock icon in fusion and make sure the EB8-32’s outlets aren’t hidden due to an address change.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/13/2018, 04:52 PM   #3
PhishyRupert
Registered Member

This happened to me once on the new apex, the update worked and then showed the new eb832

PhishyRupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/09/2018, 08:39 AM   #4
jacobse1
Registered Member

Forgot to follow up on this. Updated the module and it appeared with the voltage error message. I had nothing plugged in so, it wasn't an overload. Updated the module again to no effect. Then tried to delete and restore the module, but after deleting it I can't "find" it to restore it.

jacobse1 is offline   Reply With Quote