Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/30/2014, 07:01 PM   #1
chiefifd
Registered Member

90 Gallon Tank

I have a 90 gallon DT with a 75 gallon sump holding about 30 gallons of water. I have 100 pounds of dry rock from ReefCleaners.com, of which 90 pounds are in the DT and 10 pounds in the sump. I have a LifeReef 24” Skimmer, Auto-Top off system, 2 inches of Tropic Eden mini flakes.

The tank has been cycled and running for about 2 months, I added the first tank inhabitants 2 ocellaris clownfish a few days ago. I don’t have any clean-up crew yet, I haven’t added any copepods amphipods. I don’t have any signs of algae in the tank and no corals yet.

Salinity 1.025 w/refractor
Ammonia 0
Nitrites .0
Nitrates 10
Temp 78.5
All using Salifert Test Kits

I’d like to add one or two more fish and a coral or two shipped in before the real cold weather sets in here in Upper Michigan.

2 ocellaris clownfish already in DT

Here is my overall wish list below:
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Randall's Goby
or Either Goby with 1 Red Banded Pistol Shrimp*
1 Yellow Watchman Goby
1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
3 Banggai Cardinal’s
1 Kole Tang

Thanks......

chiefifd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2014, 07:26 PM   #2
BlindZide
Registered Member

Don't know much about your stocking list but seeing as you waited 2 months before adding ANYTHING to your tank is a good sign of a patient reefer and you are already on the path to success.

I would however recommend adding a CUC. A small one if you want to at first but get something in there to start cleaning. Even though you do not see the algae it is there. They will keep it from getting worse and keep it in check. The last thing you want to do is scramble to correct an algae problem that could have been prevented with a CUC. Just my opinion.

BlindZide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2014, 07:30 PM   #3
chiefifd
Registered Member

Thanks, I plan to get a small CUC in a week or two, double checking my list tonight. I'm going out of town in a day or so......I'll need to wait until I get back to order the CUC & a fish or two.

chiefifd is offline   Reply With Quote