Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Marine Depot
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/09/2016, 08:52 AM   #1
thelawnwrangler
Registered Member

For Fishmas I need a deal on controller :)

Is this the right forum to make a note to Santa Claus lol?

thelawnwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2016, 01:43 PM   #2
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Unhappy For Fishmas I need a deal on controller :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnwrangler View Post
Is this the right forum to make a note to Santa Claus lol?
Neptune Systems controllers were all on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Since we are restricted by MAP policy, we are not allowed to discount their products unless they give us explicit authorization to do so. Which they haven't for the holidays, unfortunately. What in particular were you considering?

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2016, 02:56 PM   #3
thelawnwrangler
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineDepot View Post
Neptune Systems controllers were all on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Since we are restricted by MAP policy, we are not allowed to discount their products unless they give us explicit authorization to do so. Which they haven't for the holidays, unfortunately. What in particular were you considering?
I between the APEX JR and Reef Keeper Lite

I really just want to control heaters, and maybe lights so it makes me a little bit of a RKL lean due to price. APEX JR functions are definitely cool though.

My lights are not ideal for me. I have the fluval lights that come with the AIO Fluval M90 set up. It has one channel so I can't automate control of whites and blues (later models they sale a controller for). You could make and argument for APEX JR if I had a lighting plan that I wanted them to control.

Last edited by thelawnwrangler; 12/09/2016 at 03:05 PM.
Unread 12/09/2016, 03:16 PM   #4
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnwrangler View Post
I between the APEX JR and Reef Keeper Lite

I really just want to control heaters, and maybe lights so it makes me a little bit of a RKL lean due to price. APEX JR functions are definitely cool though.

My lights are not ideal for me. I have the fluval lights that come with the AIO Fluval M90 set up. It has one channel so I can't automate control of whites and blues (late models they sale a controller for mine aren't compatible). You could make and argument for APEX JR if I had a lighting plan that I wanted them to control.
Hello thelawnwrangler,

Thank you for coming to us for your aquarium needs. Both units will give you Temperature control, however neither unit would allow you to dim your fluval light without some serious modifications. Out of the two, we have noticed the APEX Jr. to be the most popular. Because your light fixture has both the whites and blues on same channel, independent control is not on option. If you are interested in upgrading your lights in the near future, the Apex Jr. will give you great light control options for lights such as Eco Tech Marine Radions, Kessils, etc. that can be easily accessed anywhere through your Apex Fusion dashboard on a smart phone/laptop. Certain intermediate lights such as the Current USA Loop system will allow for advanced light control without having to integrate into your Controller. I hope this is helpful, if you have any further questions please feel free to reply.

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2016, 03:47 PM   #5
thelawnwrangler
Registered Member

The thought of Kessils 160 shimmering over my tank is pleasant lol. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk