Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/20/2012, 01:35 AM   #351
brinx boy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie80 View Post
You still need a computer which is USB connected to one of your radions then use safari from ur ipad to control the set

It's not a real wireless solution yet...

I hope the new update includes controlling vortech remotely and addition of a modular wireless device....
Ok thanks

brinx boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2012, 04:37 AM   #352
brinx boy
Registered Member

If you get the ipad usb connecter. will it work that way to controller a radion?

Unread 11/20/2012, 03:26 PM   #353
Fishie80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinx boy View Post
If you get the ipad usb connecter. will it work that way to controller a radion?
No, because it will still need connection manager to installed which is only available on windows and Mac ..although I have reported a bug for 10.8.2 where connection manager for me doesn't open at all...so ATM I am only using a windows os for controlling it

Fishie80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2012, 05:38 PM   #354
brinx boy
Registered Member

Quote:
No, because it will still need connection manager to installed which is only available on windows and Mac ..although I have reported a bug for 10.8.2 where connection manager for me doesn't open at all...so ATM I am only using a windows os for controlling it
ok thanks

Unread 11/20/2012, 07:09 PM   #355
Eastamherstbias
Registered Member

Quote:
You still need a computer which is USB connected to one of your radions then use safari from ur ipad to control the set

It's not a real wireless solution yet...

I hope the new update includes controlling vortech remotely and addition of a modular wireless device....
Ecotech has said that they have a plan and a product roadmap to link their products to the internet in the future. They would not spend all their resources on a product unless they had a vision and a plan. Give it time.....

Unread 11/21/2012, 01:45 PM   #356
goldenfamaliy
Registered Member

this is something for them to think about. I am playing with one now and it should be able to do the wireless part very easily

www.electricimp.com

Current Tank Info: Solana, MP10es w, Ecotech radion, water, salt, pretty colored thingys
goldenfamaliy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2012, 08:58 PM   #357
Krazy_Karl
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Service View Post
If you have legitimate issues, I would encourage you to express them by e-mailing beta@ecotechmarine.com. The EcoSmart Live software is (very clearly) labeled BETA because we are continuously updating and improving it. Additionally, our customer service and R&D departments are open Monday-Friday from 9-5 and would be happy to assist you over the phone in the event that you have questions or need support.

A major update is coming in the next few weeks that will eliminate the existing bugs as well as the addition of some exciting new features.

Stay tuned, we promise not to let you (or anyone) down!
Any more info on this? I would like to eventually be able to control the $1500+ I have over my tank without constant software issues.

Unread 12/08/2012, 05:56 PM   #358
Krazy_Karl
Registered Member

Nothing?

Unread 12/08/2012, 06:30 PM   #359
david00061
Registered Member

I run 12 lights I was having trouble, I saw that they said call. I called. Lights work like a charm.

2 mp60's 4 mp40's, GEO 818 calcium reactor
SRO XP 8000 external skimmer

Last edited by david00061; 12/08/2012 at 06:38 PM.
david00061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2012, 09:33 AM   #360
pecan2phat
Registered Member

Anyone have problems with the software update that they put out last night?

pecan2phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2012, 04:10 PM   #361
BCT182
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecan2phat View Post
Anyone have problems with the software update that they put out last night?
I don't see an update? I haven't connected my lamp in over a month, I just connected mine based on your comment. According to ESL my device does not require an update. The web based software appears the same as well.

BCT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2012, 07:13 PM   #362
pecan2phat
Registered Member

I connected yesterday morning to change something and it was as usual but then when I connected again later that night, it did the whole update thing and of course left my 2 lamps like crap.
One was on at 100% and the LED indicator was orange, the other was the normal blue for artificial mode but the lamp would not light up or respond to any programming changes. I eventually had to unplug them and reset to factory settings after I powered them back up and renamed the group.
This is almost too sad to laugh about........

Unread 12/09/2012, 07:32 PM   #363
chercm
Registered Member

i have on the verge on giving up on Radions. hate it . should have used T5s

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2012, 11:58 PM   #364
srf11
Registered Member

Had to reset my radions as well - wouldnt program them using my saved etp files. Annoying

srf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/13/2012, 06:33 PM   #365
borap
Registered Member

I'm having trouble with ESL recognizing any of my 4 Radion lights. Did the factory reset, did the firmware update using the desktop version but connection manager can't find any devices It says connected but doesn't show any devices on the list. A usb or wireless search for devices doesn't find anything. If you unplug the usb and plug it back it does find a device but throws an error message when retrieving device details. Any suggestions.

borap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/13/2012, 08:03 PM   #366
Addicted2coral1
Registered Member

so i had an ecosmart that i am using warrantied... now i get home to program it all of em go out.. the old software wouldnt do crap.. now i get the connection manager on my computer, i set up the ecosmart registration and all.. i says searching for devices... has been setting here for 30 minutes and hasnt found anything..

why do they have to change the programming... is it really better than the old... the old software worked.. this **** dont.. i work all day so i cant call tech support.. so i geuss i just wait till my day off.. next thursday.. will no light on corals for a week be ok??

not trying to be a dic but man i am aggravated..

Addicted2coral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/13/2012, 08:18 PM   #367
Millticket
Registered Member

Couldnt get esl to recognize my radion either. I think i'll just stick with the software instead.

Unread 12/14/2012, 08:55 AM   #368
SteviesReef
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2coral1 View Post
so i had an ecosmart that i am using warrantied... now i get home to program it all of em go out.. the old software wouldnt do crap.. now i get the connection manager on my computer, i set up the ecosmart registration and all.. i says searching for devices... has been setting here for 30 minutes and hasnt found anything..

why do they have to change the programming... is it really better than the old... the old software worked.. this **** dont.. i work all day so i cant call tech support.. so i geuss i just wait till my day off.. next thursday.. will no light on corals for a week be ok??

They keep saying that this software is still in beta so that the user should know that. Don't they realize that people don't want to be experimenting with this stuff when they have hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars worth or coral depending upon it? Lighting is mission critical when it comes to corals. A light costing this much money should be DEPENDABLE.

SteviesReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2012, 09:01 AM   #369
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2coral1 View Post

What version of the Connection Manager do you have installed? It should be 1.6.011. What browser and operating system are you using?

Unread 12/14/2012, 09:02 AM   #370
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millticket View Post
Couldnt get esl to recognize my radion either. I think i'll just stick with the software instead.
Did you get prompted to install the latest version of the Connection Manager? What browser and operating system are you running?

Unread 12/14/2012, 09:04 AM   #371
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteviesReef View Post
They keep saying that this software is still in beta so that the user should know that. Don't they realize that people don't want to be experimenting with this stuff when they have hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars worth or coral depending upon it? Lighting is mission critical when it comes to corals. A light costing this much money should be DEPENDABLE.
We appreciate your patience with EcoSmart Live and are working diligently to resolve all issues our customers are discovering. EcoSmart Live is working well for the majority of our users, so it might be best for you to contact our Customer Service department to assist you.

What browser and operating system are you running?

Unread 12/14/2012, 09:34 AM   #372
SteviesReef
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Support View Post
We appreciate your patience with EcoSmart Live and are working diligently to resolve all issues our customers are discovering. EcoSmart Live is working well for the majority of our users, so it might be best for you to contact our Customer Service department to assist you.

What browser and operating system are you running?
Thanks for the response, Shaun. You guys do have GREAT customer service; no question at all about that. I am not running ESL because of all of the issues that I see in the forum. I am just not willing to take that chance with my corals. I am still running the desktop version of the software and my corals have responded to the Radion magnificiently! The light itself is great, but I am waiting to hear that ESL is super stable before I switch to it.

I have a Windows machine, and run IE 9. I'm pretty sure that ESL doesn't support IE 9. Two things that I can't figure out for the life of me are: why one of the most popular browsers is not supported, and why you didn't wait for a more stable and completely wireless solution before releasing it.

My previous post sounded more negative than I intended. I want to emphasize that I have a Radion and I don't think I will ever buy another brand of light. I also have a Vortech MP10eW; also a phenomenal piece of hardware. My experience with your customer service has been top-notch, too. Again, my only issue is that as a person with 20 years of software development experience, I really don't think ESL is ready for prime time.

SteviesReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2012, 10:24 AM   #373
Millticket
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Support View Post
Did you get prompted to install the latest version of the Connection Manager? What browser and operating system are you running?
I installed the newest version last night as it was the first time I was trying to use esl. I was also using the newest version of Firefox. I kept trying refresh, restart, unplug/plug in radion via USB detection, all with no luck.

I still like the configuration software so its not imperative to have esl. I was just hoping to hop on real quick and check it out.

To echo another post, I absolutely love my radion and its the best lighting purchase I've ever made. Ive had great growth in my reef over the last year just using the natural mode alone.

Unread 12/14/2012, 01:04 PM   #374
BigKahuna
Registered Member

Any update on the 32-bit Java issue?

150DD Starphire w/Herbie | 2xEcotech Radion Pro - articulated mount | MP40wES w/ Batt BB | Apex Neptune | SeaSwirl | Laguna MaxFlo 1500 w/manifold | Proflex Mod2 sump | modded SWC 160 cone | Avast ATO

Current Tank Info: Sheet PVC build http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2168214
BigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2012, 09:16 PM   #375
pecan2phat
Registered Member

ESL is working in a 32-bit is environment for me, so that might not be a big issue as previously thought.