Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/20/2016, 11:28 AM   #1
rockworm
A-counting guy

Angry No capacitive touch

Wonderful. Two brand new Mitras 6200, one of which 3 arrows work and the other where only the up and right arrow work. Seriously, I cannot set my options because I cannot get to YES button to confirm. What am I doing wrong or is QC lacking? Yes, I am frustrated. For what I paid, this should not be happening. What am I suppose to do?

Current Tank Info: 400g SPS and 75g non SPS
rockworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2016, 11:37 AM   #2
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Please send us an email so we can get this issue resolved: support@ghlusa.com

Vinny@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2016, 01:19 PM   #3
Breadman03
New Old School

I don't know that this would apply to you, but my dishwasher doesn't work with my fingers, yet works fine for everyone else. If I have a cloth (such as the sleeve of a shirt) between my finger and the button, it works fine. My Radions respond as expected, so I'm not sure what factors into it.

Hope you get it sorted out!

Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2016, 02:25 PM   #4
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
I don't know that this would apply to you, but my dishwasher doesn't work with my fingers, yet works fine for everyone else. If I have a cloth (such as the sleeve of a shirt) between my finger and the button, it works fine. My Radions respond as expected, so I'm not sure what factors into it.

That's because real men should not be doing dishes. Your dishwasher considers you a real man.

OP, GHL should take care of you. I haven't heard of this one before, just dumb luck I'm sure.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2016, 09:46 PM   #5
rockworm
A-counting guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post

I am sure I will. I have been in touch via email and support will look into it. I got the lights connected via GCC and with a little trial and error, I can now control them with the Profilux. I always start by doing things manually so I can get a feel for how it works. For example, the hardrive on the laptop I had for the Profilux died. Of course, no external backup of anything (my bad) but I was familiar with the manual operation, so I could still work with it. Yeah, Profilux has its moments, but their hardware is bullet proof. Seven years and still going strong. I have faith in the Mitras and the new support here in NA.

Unread 05/20/2016, 09:49 PM   #6
rockworm
A-counting guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
That's because real men should not be doing dishes. Your dishwasher considers you a real man.

OP, GHL should take care of you. I haven't heard of this one before, just dumb luck I'm sure.
With the hope my wife does not read this thread, +++++1. Dishes, ugh.

I figure things will work out. So long as I can access all the functions through GCC the capacitive touch is not quite as important.

Unread 05/21/2016, 08:38 AM   #7
rockworm
A-counting guy

I just want to let you know that Vinny provided the solution for the touch pad. The keys can be calibrated via the GCC. You access Keys on the Extras tab. I selected 'Use own calibration' then started the Calibrate keys function. Worked like a charm. Kudos to Vinny and the support he is providing for GHL products. And for his patience with me.

Unread 05/22/2016, 10:33 AM   #8
doggydoc
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockworm View Post
I just want to let you know that Vinny provided the solution for the touch pad. The keys can be calibrated via the GCC. You access Keys on the Extras tab. I selected 'Use own calibration' then started the Calibrate keys function. Worked like a charm. Kudos to Vinny and the support he is providing for GHL products. And for his patience with me.

+1.
Vinny has been very helpful
Great addition to GHL team

Current Tank Info: 75 Gallon Rimless Cube
doggydoc is offline   Reply With Quote