Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/07/2016, 10:14 AM   #351
vhuang168
Registered Member

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

The comms error is almost always their excuse for any sort of error, even though you have an external class 1 bt module like their say you must have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2016, 01:07 AM   #352
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Yes, you need to leave dose time in other way it will generate errors.
If you want switch off any channel - you need only to set enable/disable by proper checkbox.

Regards

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/11/2016, 07:47 PM   #353
19simon79
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfishLpond78 View Post
So I'm not sure how this happened but....My doser randomly changed how much Alk it was dosing and started under dosing my tank by almost 80% of what I had entered into the application. I also dose acropower and come to find out that the entire tube was drained of its contents and was not dosing properly.

I really find the application/interface is confusing, buggy and should be overhauled. I guess I don't understand how a unit that charges such a premium could have this many issues. Seriously thinking of going back to my BRS dosers....
I second this, its one of the many things that has happened with mine. had been working fine then discovered that instead of doing specified amount of alk the Kore decided to dose less even though the setting were correct on the application and calibration was set correctly.

No i didn't contact tech support cause even though they've been helpful in the past, there's no point. Since i bought this unit from the US (Aus has/had no distributor) the original delivery arrived with damaged and missing pieces (optic sensor out of stock), even the unit itself was twisted and didn't sit flat. Contacted US Pac Sun and support was arrogant, rude and dismal (Old distributor i believe), I myself decided to contact Pac Sun EU and they help sort things out Pacsun US. Setting up the Kore was a pain in the rear, after days of pulling hair out discovered with Pac Sun EU help that my float sensors were supplied to me put together incorrectly, corrected and then discovered wiring was also wrong so have to run the RCA plugs red/black and black/red as opposed to matching colours. Continued setting up the system and mac software is painful, I need to confirm every command i set to make sure its been accepted and that when its working. Set up ATO, worked well for a few days then stopped, contacted help again and after chatting for days finally was sent new pumps. set it up again and must say since then ATO feature is faultless but dare I touch any part or setting to do with it. Now I'm back to water testing weekly only to make sure Kore is doing as its told. Ive lost so many corals but upsetting my tanks stability really digs deep and hurts.

So now i sit here wondering if i should do this so called upgrade of software and firmware. The though already boggles me as the few pages I've skimmed over state something about a particular thing require to do the firmware upgrade on Mac and the possible issue I may encounter after upgrading the software. Who would have though buying something that works out of the box would be so hard. Boy i miss my GHL, yes was a pain to setup back in the day but thereafter used it for over 7 years and never a single issue; even still used the original tubes and hoses.

Last edited by 19simon79; 04/11/2016 at 07:53 PM.
19simon79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/12/2016, 11:23 AM   #354
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Few words explanations.
Im sorry to heard abotu problems with previous Distributor.. Actually all USA Customers we can support directly - by email, direct computer control etc.
About Kore 5th unit.
1. Doser cant change his setting byself. It simply not possible and if its correctly programmed it will work with programmed schedule. I dont know details about your optical sensor/kore 5th issues but maybe you had first generation of unit connected to newest optical sensor and thats why it wasnt working properly.
We dont know it was second hand purchase or directly new unit from shop - no details dont give us a chance to tell anything about that.
You need to remember that one year after first release of Kore 5th units - we relased 2nd generation which had little modified outputs(reset button, colors of floating sensor etc),
Maybe you had mixed parts from 1st/2nd generation and thats why it wasnt working properly.
If anything is not clear our support will explain everything and reply to all questions.

About Mac software - if you are using latest software and firmware it have to work properly.
Im using it every day in my own home - only problem can exist if your BT module signal is weak or you are using iMac computer with shared BT module(between doser and keyboard/mouse).
If you need any support with firmware/software upgrade - you can send mail to our service@pacific-sun.eu and they will give you detailed manual step by step what should be done.
It's really quite easy procedure, everything can be done wireless using dedicated app working under Mac OS X.

As I understand your last sentence - you were using GHL doser (first generation). Yes, they are very realiable units but if you will compare Kore 5th doser to this first generation GHL doser not right - Kore 5th unit is device which offer much more(its completly different level of control and additional features) than GHL so complication level(also adjusting/programming) will be higher.
But you can feel free to ask about everything our Customer Support - they will be glad assist you in every single question/programming procedure.
We are open for Customers feedback and since 2014 year we sold almost 1200 units worldwide - and still this product is evaluated and improved however many, many Customers are very satisfied with using it - a specially after some days spent on programming lessons.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards

Unread 04/12/2016, 07:09 PM   #355
19simon79
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Few words explanations.
Im sorry to heard abotu problems with previous Distributor.. Actually all USA Customers we can support directly - by email, direct computer control etc.
About Kore 5th unit.
1. Doser cant change his setting byself. It simply not possible and if its correctly programmed it will work with programmed schedule. I dont know details about your optical sensor/kore 5th issues but maybe you had first generation of unit connected to newest optical sensor and thats why it wasnt working properly.
We dont know it was second hand purchase or directly new unit from shop - no details dont give us a chance to tell anything about that.
You need to remember that one year after first release of Kore 5th units - we relased 2nd generation which had little modified outputs(reset button, colors of floating sensor etc),
Maybe you had mixed parts from 1st/2nd generation and thats why it wasnt working properly.
If anything is not clear our support will explain everything and reply to all questions.

About Mac software - if you are using latest software and firmware it have to work properly.
Im using it every day in my own home - only problem can exist if your BT module signal is weak or you are using iMac computer with shared BT module(between doser and keyboard/mouse).
If you need any support with firmware/software upgrade - you can send mail to our service@pacific-sun.eu and they will give you detailed manual step by step what should be done.
It's really quite easy procedure, everything can be done wireless using dedicated app working under Mac OS X.

As I understand your last sentence - you were using GHL doser (first generation). Yes, they are very realiable units but if you will compare Kore 5th doser to this first generation GHL doser not right - Kore 5th unit is device which offer much more(its completly different level of control and additional features) than GHL so complication level(also adjusting/programming) will be higher.
But you can feel free to ask about everything our Customer Support - they will be glad assist you in every single question/programming procedure.
We are open for Customers feedback and since 2014 year we sold almost 1200 units worldwide - and still this product is evaluated and improved however many, many Customers are very satisfied with using it - a specially after some days spent on programming lessons.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards
Thanks for the reply, I hope my post can help to outline a customers frustration and is not a an attack. My unit was purchased last year brand new from Yorgos, believe it was a Pro pack/bundle so not first gen. I never received the optical sensor because of supply issues so was given two float sensors (Which don't quote me but is pointless cause i believe i can only have one float sensor plugged in at a time?) Either way doesn't really matter now.

I understand your concern about the unit not being able to change settings by it self but would like to clarify as it may be informative to you that the setting were not and did not change. The only thing that changed was the amount of supplement that was added by the unit for what ever reason, as if its calibration was thrown out adjustment but re-established by turning off and then back on. It had been dosing XXXml of alk for a few months and system was stable to .2+/- dkh. Then suddenly alk drops from 7.3 to 4.7, once i pinpointed the cause I found the the Kore was physically adding approx 98ml rather than the specified 155ml. days later I discovered to correct this all I had to do was switch it off and back on. I understand where your coming from and I don't know how or why but this did happen. If you'd like more specific details feel free to PM me.

I will contact support for the instructions to give upgrading a ago, fingers crossed it all runs smoothly.

19simon79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2016, 02:39 PM   #356
flyairbus
Registered Member

Any news regarding Air Breeze ?

flyairbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2016, 08:52 PM   #357
vhuang168
Registered Member

Or Cube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2016, 08:15 PM   #358
SailAnnapolis
Registered Member

I have never opened mine. Anyone interested in buying it. I just went another way. It's never used. Never plugged in or anything. Brand new.

120 Gallon 48x24x24 rimless

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon rimless from Planet Aquarium, external built-in overflow, S-200 Eshopps 200gal cone skimmer, Pacific Sun LED's, two phosban reactors for carbon and rowaphos
SailAnnapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2016, 08:33 PM   #359
Fcsteve777
Registered Member

Shame you have never used it. Besides some idiosyncrasies with the program it hasnt missed a beat for me.

Fcsteve777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/22/2016, 02:19 PM   #360
rolfkern
Registered Member

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm having issues with control of my Kore 5th doser. I recently installed v 1.5e2 on my Mac (MacOSX 10.11.3, El Capitan), but I can't figure out how to install the firmware to go with it. I'm currently not using it because it just stopped dosing one channel (pump works, checked in manual mode), and I'm hoping new soft/firmware will help.

Thanks for any advice!

rolfkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/22/2016, 03:39 PM   #361
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi
If you want to do firmware update using Mac OS X(for any our product) you will need to download and install this app:
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/PSunFlash.zip

If you experienced problem with not working one channel - please be sure that you have set 0h delay for each pump(the best idea is setting it again 0h for each channel).
In similar to this situation(if you are not sure what is wrong) is doing reset to factory settings - using Default Settings button in last tab.
If you will need more advanced support - please write directly to service@pacific-sun.eu
Thanks!

Regards

Przemek Cybulski

Unread 05/23/2016, 07:09 AM   #362
SunglassKing
Registered Member

Hey Przemek, just wanted to verify from what they told me in customer service:
Pump1 has a max dose size of 5000ml and can only dose in .1ml increments
Pump2-5 has a max dose size of 650ml and can dose in .01ml increments
?

Advanced Aquarist reported:
Single dose from 0.1ml to 1500ml - up to 24 doses/day
Reefomania reports the same.

But a 1500ml max dose is not supported by 4 of 5 pumps?!?!

Can we get that changed? Or have a 'low resolution mode' in which pump 2 through 5 matches pump 1?

The doser is useless to me now.

SunglassKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2016, 06:48 AM   #363
Fcsteve777
Registered Member

Good day
I had a question regarding replacement of the tubing in the actual dosing pumps. How often do you guys recommend replacement? My doser is still running well and seems to maintain calibration pretty well also i would just rather be proactive than reactive.

Also one of the plastic clips has broken on one of the pump heads how would i go about getting a replacement?
I wouldve gone to the website and emailed you but my work network is blocking it with malware warnings (May be something to look into)

thanks,
Steven

Fcsteve777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2016, 04:32 PM   #364
do_0b
Registered Member

Hey guys,

I have a kore 5th doser but i cant seem to pair it via bluetooth. im using a mac and the 1234 pass key doesnt work? Can anyone help me out?

do_0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2016, 05:17 PM   #365
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi
Have you tried contact with technical support firstly? Send them informations about your OS pasX(be sure that you are using latest version with all updates/fixes) etc.Correct pass is 1234 - if its not working mean that something have to be blocked/not configured on your computer(maybe problems with AirDrop? Have you tried reset PRAM in your Mac?)
Please send mail to service@pacific-sun.eu with all questions/informations...
Regards

Przemek

Unread 06/02/2016, 05:18 PM   #366
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Regarding tubings - Pharmed BPT have about 1000-1500 hours lifetime...

Unread 06/02/2016, 05:48 PM   #367
do_0b
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Hi
Have you tried contact with technical support firstly? Send them informations about your OS pasX(be sure that you are using latest version with all updates/fixes) etc.Correct pass is 1234 - if its not working mean that something have to be blocked/not configured on your computer(maybe problems with AirDrop? Have you tried reset PRAM in your Mac?)
Please send mail to service@pacific-sun.eu with all questions/informations...
Regards

Przemek
I sent them an email thanks.

Unread 06/06/2016, 08:42 AM   #368
do_0b
Registered Member

my doser screen is stuck on "bootloader ready"
i can connect it via bluetooth in the settings but not through the app
any suggestions?

Unread 06/06/2016, 03:43 PM   #369
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

How its happened? It looks like you tried to upload firmware and due some CRC error(are you using internal bluetooth module built into laptop?) firmware was erased.
Its a first generation or second one?(second one have small reset push button - pinhole- instead of thru-state switch button)
Now you need to do following steps(for Windows app - if mac OS X - please let me know)
1. Open your app(Kore 5th app)
2. Choose proper COM port - but don't click connect
3. Go to last tab - click Firmware update button
4. Choose proper firmware file - then confirm by enter.
Uploading procedure should start after few seconds. If not, repeat whole procedure but immediately after point 4 - press Reset button(by pencil for example if its 2nd gen, or moving switch button to opposite position and back)
Now procedure should start.
If you will need more advanced troubleshooting - please write directly to service@pacific-sun.eu - they will assist you and explain everything.

PS. Be sure that you are using Class 1 Bluetooth module(300 feet range/100m - and 100mW output power). All new laptops have builtin Class 3 modules with 1mW output power, which work great with your wireless mouse but not with communication devices(they are using low output energy because they want compete together which laptop will work longer on battery.... but it affect some transmissions like BT etc)

Regards

Przemek

Unread 06/06/2016, 07:45 PM   #370
soulpatch
Registered Member

can you confirm that this bt adapter will work?

http://smile.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Blu...ss+1+Bluetooth

Some have bar tabs. I have a coral tab at my LFS. Life goals.
soulpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2016, 02:17 AM   #371
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Sure, that will work very well.

Unread 06/07/2016, 09:00 PM   #372
do_0b
Registered Member

Got everything to work except for the ATO. I need to replace the optical sensor, can I not use the ATO with just the float switch? My ATO doesnt start at all even though the water level goes below the switch. Please advise thanks.

Unread 06/08/2016, 04:56 AM   #373
wcharon
Registered Member

I had my optical bad and mine was working fine with only the float. I suggest you check the settings and be sure you checked the float as main ATO.

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2016, 06:44 AM   #374
do_0b
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
I had my optical bad and mine was working fine with only the float. I suggest you check the settings and be sure you checked the float as main ATO.
where can i find the float? All i see is optical

Unread 06/09/2016, 04:51 PM   #375
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi
Im sorry for late reply.
1.Be sure that you are connecting optical sensor to proper port(it looking the same like temperature sensor port - details you can find in manual)
2. You need to enable Optical sensor in ATO tab
3. In last tab you need to set optical sensor as "main ATO sensor".

Important notice!
We are already selling(thru our Resellers/shops) optical sensors compatible with gen.2 Kore 5th. If you have Kore 5th gen.1 - this sensor will not work and you need to buy version dedicated for Kore 5th gen.1
For more informations please contact with our service@pacific-sun.eu

Thank you.

Regards

Przemek

Tags
junk trash