Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/12/2019, 09:15 PM   #1
FLSharkvic
Registered Member

** SCA 150 Rimless build **

''First, I would like to start with my motto when it comes to this hobby - I ALWAYS use quality products, I believe that 50% increase in coast is definitely worthwhile, even if you only gain another 5% of the product reliability especially if you have a mature tank with years of time and effort invested like many of us do. Keep in mind that your tank is a place where water and electricity come together''

Ok, let's start this thread, with what size and kind of tank I went with for the new build. After going back and forth with a RESEA 725xl or an SCA 150, I decided to go with the SCA tank! They are all made with Star-fire glass and their tanks that are 12mm thick and made very solid. I knew from all of my experience that I wanted to try a more SPS Dominate type tank this time around w/ a minimalist type scape! Also, SCA builds a really awesome stand and I will be floating my LEDs from the ceiling... Here is the tank I have chosen:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg upload_2018-12-29_18-30-8.jpg (42.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg SCA 150.jpg (47.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Cabinet #1.jpg (42.1 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by FLSharkvic; 01/12/2019 at 09:43 PM.
FLSharkvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/12/2019, 09:42 PM   #2
FLSharkvic
Registered Member

As far as my overflow box , i went with a 20'' Synergy External Overflow box since I wanted to run a bean animal type system for my 150: Also, went with a Synergy CL-44 Sump and a Matching 10 gallon reservoir that currently in production and should be done in the next 2-3 weeks. Cant Freaking wait.
Here are a few of examples but my sump will not have are refugium and its a CL-44 not a CL-34.Plus, I will be running one of Buds Turbo Algae Scrubbers, like you see in attachment #3.

FLSharkvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2019, 11:11 PM   #3
frickenfragger
Registered Member

Nice. Looking to get back in the hobby and this is one of the tanks I am considering including the Red Sea reefers.

frickenfragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2019, 12:56 PM   #4
Jsarrow
Registered Member

Nice, that going to be a great tank. Is that also an SCA stand? How do you like it?

Jsarrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecotech marine, new set up, reef octopus, sca