Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/20/2018, 06:16 PM   #1
Bobbitworm13
Registered Member

New sps keeper

I’m starting up an Innovative Marine Nuvo 10 and I’ve nver had acros before so I’m looking for advice on where to buy, any specific “rules” beyond good flow and low but not too low nutrients. Stocking is going to be a Pygmy cherub angelfish, previous owner never had problems with it nipping on sps and I’ve had them in this size tank, never had a problem with them seeming stressed or “pacing” the tank. Lighting is a nanobox duo plus m, it’s really liked on that other forum for tiny tanks, and I live mine. I’ve kept gorgs, lps, shrooms, zoas, and basically anything you can think of other than sps but have always been a bit shy of them due to them being considered “difficult” but I didn’t have a problem with nps corals so how hard could it be. I’ll upload a photo of the tank and scape later for advice on if it’s good for placement. Filtration will be gfo, carbon, and refugium for nutrients and chemical, filter floss for mechanical. Thanks in advance for any advice

Bobbitworm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/2018, 06:55 AM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

My advice so far would just be that gfo should only be ran when you have a known phosphate "problem" as it can quickly strip a take of that beneficial nutrient..

Tags
new tank, sps