Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/13/2007, 10:36 AM   #1
Freshfishy1107
Registered Member

Ric Dying

I have had a Ricordea for about 6 months now. Just recently it had 2-4 babies. It looks like it is all "droopy" now. Is this normal? Am i not doing something I should? This condition is about from 1 week ago.

Any help would be appreciated..

Freshfishy1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/13/2007, 11:26 AM   #2
Jimbo327
Registered Member

Can't really know for sure. Ricordeas go through different phases, sometimes it's fat and happy, other times it looks like all shriveled up.

If you are worried, my advice is go ahead and do a water change. My yuma looks shriveled up as well since yesterday, I'm planning to do a water change when I get home.

Current Tank Info: 6gal JBJ NanoCube, DIY LED Mod, 1/15 JBJ Chiller, Tunze Osmolator, Homemade Kalkwasser Chamber
Jimbo327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/13/2007, 01:55 PM   #3
currentking
Registered Member

where is it in the tank, sometimes they get picky with the lighting and water flow

currentking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/13/2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Freshfishy1107
Registered Member

It is in the same place as the past 3 months. Maybe after it had the babies it needs to be moved?

Thanks for replies so far.

Unread 06/13/2007, 02:39 PM   #5
currentking
Registered Member

it varies, I would try to move it a little and see how it reacts. Try to feed it a little and see what it does

Unread 06/15/2007, 05:37 AM   #6
Freshfishy1107
Registered Member

Well, It looks like the Ric fell right off the rock. I put it in my Prop tank to see if it re-attaches to another rock....At least it is still alive.

Thanks for all the replys. It's nice to know that vauluable information is at my fingertips.

Unread 06/22/2007, 05:04 AM   #7
Freshfishy1107
Registered Member

Well my ric has been in my prop tank for a few days now. I have noticed that it is leaving clear "goopy" sacs of fluid under itself. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks in advance

Unread 06/22/2007, 11:32 AM   #8
Jimbo327
Registered Member

This is exactly the same thing that is happening to mine. It is dying. It leaves slimy goo on the foot, and it is all flat and mushy looking. And the mouth will look like it is gaping. Sorry to tell ya, but it's not good. The same thing is happening to mine. Did you change your bulbs or add any new additives lately or change out carbon? Have any sexy shrimps or crabs that like to go over the ricordea?

Current Tank Info: 6gal JBJ NanoCube, DIY LED Mod, 1/15 JBJ Chiller, Tunze Osmolator, Homemade Kalkwasser Chamber
Unread 06/23/2007, 06:36 AM   #9
Freshfishy1107
Registered Member

Thanks Jimbo for the message. It all started after it had babies (they died too) the mother just went downhill quick. After i put the mother in my prop tank I DID switch the bulbs. This stinks. It was one of my favorite corals.

Thanks Again all

Unread 06/23/2007, 07:02 AM   #10
currentking
Registered Member

my pink yuma just all the sudden shriveled up and is dying. Everything else is doing so good. This does "bite thte big one"

Unread 06/24/2007, 06:08 AM   #11
Freshfishy1107
Registered Member

Yes it does Current. Like you, everything else in my tank was growing great.....Well I finally put my Ric to rest......It was 1/2 goopy. So instead of contaminating the rest of my tank.......It is gone...

Unread 06/24/2007, 12:19 PM   #12
Jimbo327
Registered Member

Mine is SLOWLY dying, it gets smaller and mushier every day. I notice goop on near its foot and the ricordea is trying its best to stay away from it. So I would go in and suck out the goop with a turkey baster. But it is not improving at all. I just watch it, slowly withering away. I have other yumas in the tank, but only the pink one is melting like this. Very sad to see. I think it will keep going down until it is a nub. But I'm hoping I can heal the nub back into an adult. That is my hope anyways. I tried to put some netting on the ricordia so it doesn't try to float away when I'm sleeping.