Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/05/2016, 07:32 PM   #1
nickjj
Premium Member

Tunze 6055 & controller

Roger I just received a Tunze 6055 from an online retailer and I have a couple of questions. The 6055's I see on your website include a 7090.500 Turbelle controller and the unit I received has no controller and just the small black box for a din cord for a controller. How do you control the speed of the single unit without a controller? I had 6105 and the little black box connected to the powerhead had a small knob to turn to adjust the flow.

Also I received one small magnet that is epoxy sealed and a large circular magnet without the magnets being sealed that is the same size for the 6105. Does that even make sense?

I was expecting what was on your website. Is this old stock and will the units with the controllers be the same part number and price? The online store did not know.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1915.jpg (53.4 KB, 25 views)

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 40 - Fully Automated with Aquatronica Touch Controller
nickjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2016, 09:47 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The design is correct for a pump made before June 2015. In June we added the controller and the magnet holder was updated slightly later (July/August they began to be phased in).On this version, the power supply included 6 voltage jumpers, these are used to set the speed, the controllable model is 24V only and the speed is set on the controller. The unsealed magnets are ferrite, the same ceramic magnet material that impellers are made from.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 07:44 AM   #3
nickjj
Premium Member

Thank you Roger for the explanation. It was sold at a discounted price from the online retail store so I am happy with my purchase. I will be controlling the power head with my Aquatronica in any event.

I have always used Tunze power heads on my systems and will continue because of the support that you provide on this forum.

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 40 - Fully Automated with Aquatronica Touch Controller
nickjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 09:40 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Thank you!

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote