Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/03/2016, 10:55 AM   #1
OnyxReef
Registered Member

Cream Angel (Apolemichthys Xanthurus) in shock?

Hi All, long-time lurker, first time poster.

Here are my specs;

80G mixed reef, custom built shallow
Tank is 13 months old

Ammonia: 0
Nitrates: 5ppm-10ppm
Nitrites: 0
Phosphates: 0
Salinity: 1.026
Temperature: 80F

Livestock:
Zoas
Colt Coral
Duncan
Frogspawn
Pulsing Xenia
Mushrooms
GSP

1 Percula Clownfish
1 Strawberry Basslet
1 Yellow Tang
1 Cream Angel

Anyways, had the angel in QT for 60 days. Profolactically treated it with a round of cupramine (spoke to Seachem about concentration for an angel) and then followed with a round of hypo-salinity.

After two weeks in QT at regular parameters with no medicines, the Angel was eating great, very active and out all the time.

I moved him to my DT and put a divider in to keep the territorial Tang away from the angel as he acclimated to the new home. Btw, my acclimation was drip method over 2.5 hours.

The angel was doing great for a week or so. About three days ago, while my lights were out at about 3am, I flashed an LED (iPhone led)at my tank, as my MP40 was making noise and was misaligned. Anyways, the LED spooked the angel so much he was frantically swimming and tried to jump, gladly I have a mesh top. Anyways, since that night, he's been skittish, and has been hanging in the back corner of the tank. The first day, after he was actually swimming in one spot but flipping upside down and then on his side. He hasn't done that since I did a couple of water changes as a precaution.

He hasn't really come out much, he will eat but hasn't done much else. None of the other fish are bugging him, he's all alone in the corner just swimming lazily.

My question is, do you think he is in shock still? Think he could have damaged himself when he was scared that night? Any pro tips or suggestions? I don't want to move him now out of fear of stress.

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post.

OnyxReef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angelfish, diagnose, shock