Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Genesis Reef Systems
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 02/21/2018, 07:27 AM   #1
Tikosyn
Registered Member

The Genesis system is amazing

I firstly want to thank Genesis for all the assistance with setup and advice on this forum, your support is top notch. I also want to say that after finally getting my renew/storm set up, I cannot imagine doing a saltwater tank without them. I changed 25 gallons of water with the Renew and all I had to do was press a button and watch, truly AWESOME!

The Storm with ROCV is amazing as well, I never have to think about producing more RO water or topping off my system, its all automated as I envisioned it when I started my tank. Thank you Genesis for producing such an amazing system.

Lastly I did have one question, I appreciate the ROCV for making it so I never have to worry about filling up my top off container but I cannot seem to turn it to the on position to produce water when I want to make new saltwater. Every time I try to click mode to on from off it just flashes and goes back to off, is there a trick to this? Thanks for your continued advice and support and for making an amazing product.

Tikosyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2018, 07:35 PM   #2
GenesisReefSys
RC Sponsor

Hello Tikosyn,

Thank you for the kind words!

The probable reason that you are unable to turn the Auxiliary Mode to "ON" is that either the ROCv™ Max Sensor or a Failsafe Sensor is in the closed position because it is under water or right at the water level. If either of these two sensors "sees" water, it will turn the Auxiliary Mode to "OFF" to prevent potentially flooding your floor.

One way to trick the system into allowing you to fill the mixing bin is to temporarily move and affix the ROCv™ Max sensor above a mechanical float valve in your top off bin, then close a valve on the RO line to your top off bin and open a valve to your mixing bin (also equipped with a mechanical float valve to stop the flow of water when the mixing bin is full). Then, turn the Auxiliary Mode to "ON." The water will flow from your RO unit to your mixing bin, filling it until the mechanical float valve stops the flow of water. This in turn causes the pressure in the RO output line to increase until the RO unit's automatic shut off valve shuts the RO unit off.

Your ROCv™ will remain "ON" until you then reset the Auxiliary Mode back to "ROCv™ Mode" the next time you happen by (even though the ROCv™ is on, water won't flow through it since the RO unit's automatic shut off valve is closed). Of course, you'll need to remember to close the valve to your mixing bin, open it to the top off bin, and then move the ROCv™ Max Sensor back down below the mechanical float valve in order for the STORM™ to resume automatically refilling your top off bin.

It sounds complicated, but after you get it set up and use it once, it'll become very simple to understand and will become second nature.

I hope this helps!
Kevin

Last edited by GenesisReefSys; 02/21/2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: clarification of content
GenesisReefSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2018, 06:54 AM   #3
cali9dub
Registered Member

I emailed your support with a question some time ago and still have no response. Does anyone address support questions levied via your website ?

Last edited by cali9dub; 02/22/2018 at 07:02 AM.
cali9dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2018, 04:41 PM   #4
GenesisReefSys
RC Sponsor

Hello cali9dub,

Yes, we absolutely do address support questions to our site, and honestly you will generally get a quicker response that way, since the emails are monitored throughout the day.

Unfortunately, your email must have been filtered out; we cannot find any unanswered support questions. Please feel free to email us again, or we could handle it here on the forum, although it generally will take a bit longer here.

Have a great evening,
Kevin

Old 02/22/2018, 05:48 PM   #5
cali9dub
Registered Member

Submitted my question again

cali9dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2018, 11:27 AM   #6
quan325i
Registered Member

I had mine installed and working 24/7 since 11/2011. I left my entire system on autopilot for the entire year I was working oversea in Japan with quarterly home visit. All I had to do was to get 2x55gal of mixed water and drain the 5gal skimmer waste every 3 months. It has not missed a beat. They are the second most expensive investment in my system but by far give the biggest ROI. I don't do water change any more. My weekly maintenance of my system is literally 5 mins of cleaning the algea using the magnet.

GHL: Mitras 6200HV x 2/Doser2/Profilux/Profilux Touch/Aquabreeze
Genesis: Auto Water Change
quan325i is offline   Reply With Quote