Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/02/2007, 10:49 PM   #1
Ben485
Premium Member

need advice on fish to add between these and these

right know I have 3 chromis, a diamond gobie, and a cuc. I want to add a pair of yellow strip maroon clowns w/ bta and a yellow tang, but of course I want to add these guys last. my tanks is going to be a reef w/ sps and lps, and is a 125 gal. standard.(6') I need to know how many more fish I could add in between these 7, and what kinds would be a good fit.

more info: wet dry filter w/ LR
20 gal refuge
180 lbs LR
120 lbs LS
3 250 w MH 10000k
8 actinic bulbs
tanks has been cycled for 2 months or so.
if you need anymore info let me know.
I'm really up for any suggestions. as all reef fish are cool.
thanks
ben

Ben485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2007, 02:14 AM   #2
yellowslayer13
Premium Member

those two different kinds of fish are some of the most aggro fish in the hobby i would choose differentls and the clowns would like a saebe more than a bta

That is all.

Current Tank Info: out of da game (since 2010) back in it 2018
yellowslayer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2007, 08:23 AM   #3
aaron L
Registered Member

Yep, Very Aggresive. Sometimes won"t pair for this reason

Current Tank Info: 175 bowfront
aaron L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2007, 01:08 PM   #4
Ben485
Premium Member

bump

Unread 11/03/2007, 05:10 PM   #5
ahullsb
Registered Member

Maroon clowns look awesome, but realize they are some of the largest, and most aggressive as well. They can have a tendency to beat up an anemone pretty good, so I would be careful with what type of anem, and how large it is compared to your fish. I think the yellow tang would be fine. There are a lot of great looking wrasses out there that I'm sure you would like.

Sacramento, CA

Current Tank Info: 55 gallon reef w/20 gallon sump/ER135/ 75 pounds of live rock, 4 in sandbed, 2 b&w ocellaris clowns, yellow watchman/pistol, rosy scaled wrasse, Mystery wrasse, Copperbanded Butterfly, Lighting 48" outer orbit 2 150 mh/ 4 t5 actinics
ahullsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2007, 10:24 PM   #6
Ben485
Premium Member

I was thinking a wrasse would be good. can you keep more than one wrasse? also what kind of anemone would you guys think would be best? saebe? I was thinking of getting 2 very small clowns, and let them decided who is who. this is probably easier said that done, right? how big would you say the anemone would have to be? can I add more fish than a wrasse w/ the other 7? I am trying to get an idea how many fish I can house comfortable in my 125.
thanks for the feedback guys
ben

Unread 11/04/2007, 02:42 AM   #7
ahullsb
Registered Member

I'm not sure exactly which anemone would be best. I You should post in the clown and anemone forum. I believe that the anemone should be 3 times the length of the clown. But let someone tell you for sure in the other forum. Same with the wrasse questions.

Sacramento, CA

Current Tank Info: 55 gallon reef w/20 gallon sump/ER135/ 75 pounds of live rock, 4 in sandbed, 2 b&w ocellaris clowns, yellow watchman/pistol, rosy scaled wrasse, Mystery wrasse, Copperbanded Butterfly, Lighting 48" outer orbit 2 150 mh/ 4 t5 actinics
ahullsb is offline   Reply With Quote