Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/04/2012, 07:12 AM   #1
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Lightbulb GHL LED Spectrum revealed

GHL today released to the press the Spectrum readings for their new lamp as follows

we are getting many questions regarding the used LEDs and what spectrum our lamp is producing.

I will (not yet) tell which LEDs we are going to use, but I can already tell you that we will use only first-class LEDs - max. efficacy, max. brightness and a constant spectrum over the temperature and the lifetime are extremely important. We will only use selected LEDs of the newest generation of well-known manufacturers.

With 8 independently adjustable LED colors the spectrum can be set (nearly) in any way you want, here are some examples:

With 8 independently adjustable LED colors the spectrum can be set (nearly) in any way you want, here are some examples:

all 8 channels at 100%, spectrum from 380 nm to 720 nm

Peaks at several colors

all channels without UV at 100%

Blue

Please follow the online chat @
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...3926#post33926

Official RC launch thread here
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2151615

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Current Tank Info: Floating about on the water enjoying semi retirement!!

Last edited by AQD_ottawa; 04/04/2012 at 07:56 AM.
AQD_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2012, 07:38 AM   #2
this is me
Registered Member

After having spent over $3000+ on two different LED fixtures for my 30"x20"x20" aquarium, I wasn't planning on spending a dime more on LED fixtures. My tank and I are quite happy with the old-school MH and T5 set up.
But after looking at this spectrum table, I'm intrigued. Please don't fail me GHL!

When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $4.95 per minute.

Current Tank Info: Miracle 360 gallons
this is me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2012, 08:32 AM   #3
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by this is me View Post
After having spent over $3000+ on two different LED fixtures for my 30"x20"x20" aquarium, I wasn't planning on spending a dime more on LED fixtures. My tank and I are quite happy with the old-school MH and T5 set up.
But after looking at this spectrum table, I'm intrigued. Please don't fail me GHL!
I already have you down as first Reviewer the vote was unanimous in this regard - Sorry dude you are going back LED

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Unread 04/04/2012, 02:29 PM   #4
this is me
Registered Member

Hahahaha. Please send one down my way.
So I wonder since there will be 8 independent channels, will we need two LED control modules?

When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $4.95 per minute.

Current Tank Info: Miracle 360 gallons
this is me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2012, 02:32 PM   #5
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

no the unit is wireless, I suspect there will be a wireless module for the unit for GHL users, and for non GHL users a USB connection to a PC which likely will be also for firmware updates at a good guess.

On the other hand the whole unit maybe Wifi to your network - still a lot of questions to be answered, but for sure you will not need a hard wire to a GHL Profilux

Unread 04/04/2012, 03:52 PM   #6
GatorPharmD
Registered Member

Michael, Michael, Michael, I bought a Radion less than a month ago. You complicate my life, lol.

Current Tank Info: Elos MIDI - automated control by Profilux 3
GatorPharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2012, 07:18 PM   #7
BigAl2007
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorPharmD View Post
Michael, Michael, Michael, I bought a Radion less than a month ago. You complicate my life, lol.
Hurry and sell it while their value is still UP! When something Bigger and BETTER comes out their value may drop suddenly

BigAl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2012, 10:48 PM   #8
chem-e
Registered Member

Woohoo. I've been waiting for another LED option. When can we expect some pictures?

Current Tank Info: Elos [~] 70 powered by Profilux
chem-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2012, 08:07 AM   #9
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

May based on the initial announcment.

Unread 04/26/2012, 02:02 PM   #10
dipan
Registered Member

I want.

Now that I got that out of the way

What kind of whites are these going to use? Cool whites or neutral? I have been stalled on my own DIY LED project for quite a while for lack of acceptable drivers. The only potentially acceptable ones were DALI dimmable drivers from eldoLED, but these were around $200 a pop and I probably would need 8-10 of them!!! So, I stalled, waiting for the right solution.

Needless to say, I have a bunch invested already in LED's, but would sell them off instantly for a loss if the GHL solution is as good as it sounds

dipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2012, 02:47 PM   #11
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Here are the release notes thus far, beyond this i have little or no other info to provide, its all rather quiet as the build up for release gets closer. Realease being at Interzoo

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2151615

Unread 04/29/2012, 01:22 PM   #12
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Coverage on the GHL LED's.

Any idea as to coverage? It was mentioned somewhere (maybe on this thread) that the intentisty will be fine for 30in deep tanks.

Any idea about the spread/coverage?

The Ecotech Radion has 34 LED's, and covers an area 24in wide. I am really hoping that each GHL LED with its 62 LED's can cover at least a 36in wide area.

With Sanjays recent LED Spectrum analysis, its apparant that the Radion has decent spectral quality compared to the Radium bulb. GHL has improved in that respect by the addition of the UV LED.

But I think that by having a unit that can cover a larger area than the usual 24in wide GHL will have a winning product. Of course I dont doubt the GHL quality, my Profilux PII EX is an excellent product.

With a better spectrum and light coverage than most of the other competitors I think this will be a winning product.

Part of the reason I didnt buy the Radion or AI is that so many units are needed to cover a tank...that makes price too high and the need to have so many units etc.

Anyway, would be nice to know if the coverage is greater than the usual 24in quoted by others.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2012, 02:44 PM   #13
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

No further info released yet, as soon as I have any info it will be printed here.