Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/26/2007, 07:02 PM   #1
henryjd
Registered Member

Exclamation HELP - scrubing live rock

Hello,
I have been doing mini water changes - 5gal in and 5gal out and then scrubbing my live rock in the old water to remove algea.
I can only scrub a few rocks before it is too dirty to do more. If I scrub the rocks in the kitchen sink (don't tell my wife)...and then put them back in salt water - how much will I mess up the bacteria?

henryjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2007, 07:08 PM   #2
kuoka
Premium Member

If you have good enough flow you can take a toothbrush to it while it's in the tank. That's what I do.

Current Tank Info: 72gal glass bow front reef, mostly LPS with some SPS, tangs, anthias, blenny, paired percula clowns, gold headed sleeper goby, red fairy wrasse
kuoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2007, 07:12 PM   #3
henryjd
Registered Member

I am trying to export as much algea as possible - just so I do not fill my overflow and sump with it.

henryjd is offline   Reply With Quote