Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 06/22/2008, 04:21 PM   #51
Mykel Obvious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by melev

I love your clam, Nanogurl.
Ok, so we have bare bottom clam shots... time for a new topless tank cleaning shot, no?

"I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer."
Brendan Behan

Current Tank Info: 65 gallon mixed reef
Unread 06/22/2008, 04:22 PM   #52
kar93
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mykel Obvious
Ok, so we have bare bottom clam shots... time for a new topless tank cleaning shot, no?
Never mind that, I wanna see some reef jeans!

Unread 06/22/2008, 04:25 PM   #53
melev
Moved On

Why do we have to choose?!

Unread 06/22/2008, 05:34 PM   #54
Laddy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mykel Obvious
If you're reffering to melev, I believe he has those photos of him posted on his site already, just go past the 55g tank page......he doesn't look like a guy who has an outie!

Hobbies: I enjoy moving water from point A, to point B, back to point A

WANTED: True ATL Appleberry Palawanensis Frag, PM me.

Current Tank Info: Current Build: 180 Reef; 55 holding tank
Unread 06/22/2008, 05:37 PM   #55
macreefster
Registered Member

reef jeans? .... bare bottom? ..... nice clam? discretion is the better part of valor... so for once i'll refrain from comment

that is a sweet maxima clam btw!!! not sure if bare bottom works for me. reef jeans are always in vogue! no strike a pose...lol

Current Tank Info: 70gal sps reef (36x24x20), 50g sump, 25g refugium, vertex alpha cone 170, 2 x 250w 14k phoenix w/ lumenmax 3's, 2 vortech mp40w's, eheim 1262 return pump
Unread 06/22/2008, 06:17 PM   #56
d.can82
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NanoGurl
Thanks =)

lol... pet store gliders are wild imports more then likely and quite mean and vocal. Mine are hand tamed... which means you can handle them and play with them. They love taking mealworms from you or yogurt drops.

Your snakes sounds cool too. We have an albino boa named Katie. She's really pretty and docile unless she thinks your food.
The gliders were actually locally bred, but in a pet store they just do not get the attention they need to be nice- makes selling them tough- lemme tell you. Those teeth... man those teeth Your gliders seem like little angels though.

As for the animals, we also have a normal ball python, a mexican black kingsnake, a radiated ratsnake, 4 crested geckos, 2 bearded dragons and a cat. Oh and two koi. Apparently we thought we had too much spare time and decided to devote it all to pets.

Here's my female crestie exploring the jungle of my scalp:

And my Mexican Black Kingsnake:

"Sweety, if I get a bigger tank, then can I have a little tang?"

Current Tank Info: 40 Breeder w/ 4 x 39w T5 Retro, 20 Long Sump, Super Skimmer 65, DIY Kalkreactor
Unread 06/22/2008, 06:24 PM   #57
NanoGurl
Moved On

Hahaha... yea it has been awhile since Reef Jeans made an appearance... I'll see what I can do about that.

Unread 06/22/2008, 06:30 PM   #58
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by d.can82
The gliders were actually locally bred, but in a pet store they just do not get the attention they need to be nice- makes selling them tough- lemme tell you. Those teeth... man those teeth Your gliders seem like little angels though.
Haha mine are def not angels... they are lil devils.. but they are sweet and they love me. They are fun.

If your pet store gliders were from a long time ago (ten years) they were probably imports sold as locally bred (it was a big scam in the glider world) or from a glider mill which is equally as bad. If it was only about five years ago then it's a good chance they came from a glider mill where they are mass produced. None of the "top breeders" would consider selling to a pet store for the exact reason you mention... they do not get enough attention or proper care.

An import can sell retail for as little as $25. Wholesale even cheaper. A quality local bred hand tamed normal goes for around $100. Variations go up from there into the thousands. They are great pets but not for everyone.. they require a lot of time and energy.

Those are cool photos! Thanks for sharing =)

Last edited by NanoGurl; 06/22/2008 at 06:37 PM.
Unread 06/22/2008, 06:33 PM   #59
melev
Moved On

If I could have a sugar glider hanging out on my desk while I surfed RC, I'd do it. However, I take it they need more room than that, and I do remember the days of trying to find an escapee hamster on occasion.

Unread 06/22/2008, 06:35 PM   #60
NanoGurl
Moved On

A baby would.. they call them bra babies for a reason... but as they age and grow they get more and more active and by the time they are weaned will be flying all over the room.

They have to be kept in pairs or more, they cannot be kept by themselves. They also need large wire cages... fresh fruit daily, vitamins every other day, tons of toys, pouches, sticks, etc...

Unread 06/22/2008, 06:43 PM   #61
melev
Moved On

Just start a thread somewhere so I can live vicariously through your experiences.

Unread 06/22/2008, 06:51 PM   #62
NanoGurl
Moved On

I did once... nobody read it lol.

Unread 06/22/2008, 07:02 PM   #63
melev
Moved On

You should link us to it.

Unread 06/22/2008, 07:05 PM   #64
NanoGurl
Moved On

It's gone... way gone. I was crushed... devestated... felt so alone... nobody in cyberland cared.... it was just.... too much.

I'll start a new one just for you Marc. I know you'll be a dedicated reader lol.

Unread 06/22/2008, 07:22 PM   #65
Slakker
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
Why do we have to choose?!
This may be the most intelligent thing I've ever seen anyone say, EVER.

Oceanic 58RR display/20H sump/fuge thread...follow the red house.

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 58g, 20H sump, AquaC EV-150, 175w Hamilton 14k + 2x39w T5HO Actinics
Unread 06/22/2008, 07:36 PM   #66
melev
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by NanoGurl
It's gone... way gone. I was crushed... devestated... felt so alone... nobody in cyberland cared.... it was just.... too much.

I'll start a new one just for you Marc. I know you'll be a dedicated reader lol.

Unread 06/22/2008, 08:25 PM   #67
supateddy
Registered Member

I'm with Melev, you need a glider thread. I like the little furballs, just can't let the wife see. Don't have time for more animals.

Unread 06/22/2008, 08:33 PM   #68
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Slakker
This may be the most intelligent thing I've ever seen anyone say, EVER.
I concur. Thats why he is president for life

Marty

Unread 06/22/2008, 09:00 PM   #69
bryman
Aquascape Destroyer

Quote:
bryman - That's really scary to me and one of the reasons why I hate adding chemicals to the tank. You just never know. And thanks for the info on my clam. I'm pretty sure that photo it was just opening and closing from the light from the camera. It doesn't like the flash.

Here is another bad photo of it. I can't seem to get the colors accurate and pattern.. but maybe you can tell from this photo if it looks any better.
[/B]
Much better pic! That clam looks fantastic - love the colors! Thanks for the summary too! Your thread is insane - left on a business trip on Friday and haven't been able to read it until now, and there is a split and many more pages! I am going to have to get my GF to do some of your patented "action shots" pulling algae out of my 29G or posing in front of my 90 so people will actually read and respond to my thread .

Unread 06/22/2008, 09:09 PM   #70
melev
Moved On

That might work.

Unread 06/22/2008, 09:25 PM   #71
NanoGurl
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by bryman
Much better pic! That clam looks fantastic - love the colors! Thanks for the summary too! Your thread is insane - left on a business trip on Friday and haven't been able to read it until now, and there is a split and many more pages! I am going to have to get my GF to do some of your patented "action shots" pulling algae out of my 29G or posing in front of my 90 so people will actually read and respond to my thread .
lol... thnx. I am happy with it so far.. but i've only had it a few days. I hope it lives.

But you know... I would like to think that my thread is fun and not just bc of the action shots :P Maybe I'm delusional... wait... yea I am what was I thinking!??!

Unread 06/22/2008, 10:24 PM   #72
melev
Moved On

Your thread is fun because it is about everything. Don't screw it up by thinking too much.

Unread 06/22/2008, 10:27 PM   #73
DiscoReefRover
Registered Member

lol

New ohio DUI law..1st. OFF get 2 Browns TICs 2nd OFF you have to use them !!!

Current Tank Info: Divorced ....looking for my next hole to fill!!
Unread 06/22/2008, 11:04 PM   #74
Slakker
Premium Member

Yeah...you start thinking too much and you're just going to get us all confused.

Oceanic 58RR display/20H sump/fuge thread...follow the red house.

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 58g, 20H sump, AquaC EV-150, 175w Hamilton 14k + 2x39w T5HO Actinics
Unread 06/22/2008, 11:05 PM   #75
NanoGurl
Moved On

lol k i won't :P

Closed Thread