Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/06/2009, 12:11 PM   #351
enigma32
Registered Member

qprox sensors don't work underwater? Not sure what the intended use is here, unless to be partially submerged and read based on that?

What model air pressure transducer have you used to get .1" accuracy?

Thanks

enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/06/2009, 02:52 PM   #352
BeanAnimal
Registered Member

Qprox (Qauntum research), bought by Atmel, made capacitive sensing products that could be used for non-contact sensing of fluid level through container walls or a plastic dipstick. I don't think they sensors are still availalbe, as QPROX has been purchased and the product technology leveraged into new arenas.

I don't have the pressure transducers in front of me now.. but there are a dozen manufacturers that produce suitable products. retail prices from digikey, etc will be in the $20-$100 per unit depending on accuracy and style. I would guess the retail price on the units I have was in the $40-$60 range. I got them on ebay for a few bucks each if memory serves.

BeanAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2010, 02:52 AM   #353
bad inferno
Registered Member

Just an update with regards to 1wire slave devices. There has been a release of a new 1wire slave called BAE0910. Its a 1wire slave with 5 I/O. The interesting thing with this devcie is that you can run a program directly within the slave without the need for the host to interact with it.

Example: Temperature control, turn off heater and PWM for cooling fan speed.
ATO control the ATO pump and monitor the float switch. You can get it to run for an amount of time
As it has PWM you can control LED light brightness.
It has an internal counter (time) so that you can have timed programs.

This is the first device that can make decisions without requiring a host.

rob

bad inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2010, 12:09 AM   #354
stugray
Premium Member

That is completely sweet & should be posted to the DIY LED thread and the "how to dim a meanwell".

Stu

Well, We KNOW GOD exists, but for US to exist without a GOD is preposterous….Umm wait a minute…. Sounds a bit circular to me…

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. display w/80 gal mud/caulerpa sump. Basement sump w/ LED Grow Light,Gravity fed Reeflo200 skimmer w/ ORCA Recirc, DIY calc reactor & kalk stirrer. Inline plumbed 75 Gal frag/settling tank.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2010, 12:10 AM   #355
stugray
Premium Member

That is completely sweet & should be posted to the DIY LED thread and the "how to dim a meanwell".

Stu

Well, We KNOW GOD exists, but for US to exist without a GOD is preposterous….Umm wait a minute…. Sounds a bit circular to me…

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. display w/80 gal mud/caulerpa sump. Basement sump w/ LED Grow Light,Gravity fed Reeflo200 skimmer w/ ORCA Recirc, DIY calc reactor & kalk stirrer. Inline plumbed 75 Gal frag/settling tank.
Unread 03/03/2010, 06:42 AM   #356
Mastermind
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad inferno View Post
Just an update with regards to 1wire slave devices. There has been a release of a new 1wire slave called BAE0910. Its a 1wire slave with 5 I/O. The interesting thing with this devcie is that you can run a program directly within the slave without the need for the host to interact with it.

Example: Temperature control, turn off heater and PWM for cooling fan speed.
ATO control the ATO pump and monitor the float switch. You can get it to run for an amount of time
As it has PWM you can control LED light brightness.
It has an internal counter (time) so that you can have timed programs.

This is the first device that can make decisions without requiring a host.

rob
What are the outputs? Could the PWM ramp up/down an AC powerhead?

Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/04/2010, 02:09 AM   #357
bad inferno
Registered Member

For LED, you could simply connect a potentiometer to ADC input and configure the device to vary the PWM duty based upon pot position...

Timer function: it has a RTC however only counts seconds. It would need the host to occassiconally syncronise the seconds to the server time, say once a day or when the host server started. Thus the device simply turns its outputs on / off throughout the day.

At this stage it only has 1 ADC 3 DO and a counter input. Hopefully a quick firmward update shortly will see 4 DO and 1 ADC input.

bad inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2010, 06:47 PM   #358
stugray
Premium Member

Mastermind,

"What are the outputs? Could the PWM ramp up/down an AC powerhead? "

It could not control an AC power head but it COULD a DC one.
So it could control 4 individual DC powerheads.

The coolest thing I thought of with this was that the PWM output could directly control 4 Servo motors using only 1 control wire & two servo power wires.

What could be useful to our hobby with four position controlled servos???

Stu