Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/19/2018, 04:13 PM   #1
Nierika
Registered Member

BTA Advice Needed: 1st Anemone - Acquired In Tank Move

I added a BTA to my 90 gallon last night (tank has been up and running for almost a year now). It was acquired during the move of a 60 gallon tank and was in transit for a good 10 hours (was in a cooler with heater and occasional airstone). When I came down is morning it was huge looking with all of it's tentacles stretched out (sorry, didn't think to take a pic). My blues don't come on until 3pm. When I noticed the BTA stretched out it was around 1pm (there's some ambient light in the room at that time of day) As soon as the blues came on it completely deflated and it's mouth is puckered. Is this something I should be concerned about, or is it normal for them to be stressed after a move? I'll be doing a full test of parameters as soon as I get home.

The first pic is after the blues came on (w/orange filter), and the second is after the whites came on (no filter)

Nierika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2018, 07:00 PM   #2
BonsaiNut
Premium Member

A puckered mouth and being inflated is a good sign. A gaping mouth and flaccid appearance is a bad sign.

Moving an anemone from one tank to another there will always be a period of acclimation, particularly if the lighting is different. However I don't see anything in your photo that concerns me.

Unread 11/19/2018, 08:11 PM   #3
Nierika
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't too traumatized during the move.

Nierika is offline   Reply With Quote