Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/19/2008, 08:35 AM   #101
mpoletti
You'll never walk alone

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_PSU
My goal is growth and color and to maintain my Nitrates at around 0-5 and Phosphates as close to .01 as I can get them. I have been at zero Nitrates for some time. My main concern is phosphates.
IME, if you keep your po4 at .01, you will not get the best colors. From experience, .03-.04 is a very healthy range. WHen you get much lower than that, the corals will pale and begin to fade.

Thanks for sharing pictures of your tank.

c.) Why chase numbers?
#CoralsLiketoDisco #ReefSerenity
mpoletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2008, 08:37 AM   #102
mcola78
Premium Member

Thanks Cato

BIOPTIM = ??? 1 amp treats 52gals. This is the only item I actually reduce when I dose. My system is 220g. I only dose 3 vials (not 4). Things are good.

How often are you dosing Bioptim

mcola78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2008, 08:39 AM   #103
mpoletti
You'll never walk alone

Quote:
Originally posted by cato
mpoletti...sweet pics bro.

Guys, here is a link to my build thread with my most recent pics for the time being. I will try to update the pics soon. These were taken a couple weeks into starting Prodi. It has only been 7 weeks as of now and I can't wait to see things over the next 6 months. Pics were taken with a simple point and shoot cam too so cut me a little slack. I haven't made a purchase for a REAL camera as of yet.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&pagenumber=28
Thanks for sharing. Great job with the tank

Here is the most recent FTS

c.) Why chase numbers?
#CoralsLiketoDisco #ReefSerenity
mpoletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2008, 09:41 AM   #104
cato
New England

Quote:
Originally posted by mcola78
Thanks Cato

BIOPTIM = ??? 1 amp treats 52gals. This is the only item I actually reduce when I dose. My system is 220g. I only dose 3 vials (not 4). Things are good.

How often are you dosing Bioptim
As of this week I dose optim every other week. So in all it goes like this...
(after the initial 6 wks of just optim/digest)

Week 1, 3, 5, 7, 9,...dose digest
Week 2, 4, 6, 8,...dose optim
dose booster every week.

I will see if I can get a FTS tonight for you guys. This system will be 2yrs old in Feb. Every coral except the blue millie (lower front right) were grown from 1-2" frags.

Current Tank Info: On Hiatus
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2008, 09:45 AM   #105
cato
New England

Quote:
Originally posted by mpoletti
IME, if you keep your po4 at .01, you will not get the best colors. From experience, .03-.04 is a very healthy range. WHen you get much lower than that, the corals will pale and begin to fade.

I agree totally. I actually have to try to get my PO4 above 0.01. I basically feed like crazy and could still use more.

Unread 12/19/2008, 12:52 PM   #106
Ace1
Registered Member

Ok, an update From Prodibio

my question to them:
just purchased Your Bio Clean and reefboosters, but im hearing a lote of confliction information on how to apply it. I have a 34 gallon Red Sea max, so my doses are much smaller than each ampoule, how do i know how much to use?

Also when the glass is broker will it spoil or can i save for next dose?? (reefboosters & Bio Clean system)
Also i read that your dkh must be below 8 in order to start dosing Bio Clean system, or it can burn your sps...

can you please assist

thanx

Ans:ar Hobbyist,

Thanks for your intrest in our products.
We have used our range on these systems with good results.
Our vials are packed under nitrogen or argon to avoid oxidation, so it is better to use them in one go.
You can adapt the frequency of the dosing to the size of the tanks and its population.
For example, it your tank has few corals, dose Reef Booster every two weeks instead of every week.
We also offer our marine range in a Nano pack for treatment of multiples of 10 gal.
As for dKH and BioClean (BioDigest+Bioptim) there is no known issue.
Could you please point us to where you read that info?

Best regards,

Dr. Guillaume VANOT
Marketing & Production Manager

Ace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2008, 01:13 PM   #107
Paul_PSU
Moved On

Ace1 my dkh is always around 11. I have no issues.

Paul_PSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2008, 02:22 PM   #108
Ace1
Registered Member

Yeah you told me that, remember...

this is an old email... they are just now responding to that old question,

my dkh is @ 11.3 and im getting the best PE and response at this level, i did nothing all last week and my Alk dropped to 10.2 and my stylos closed and things didnt look so good, so now im trying to find a good dose amount to lock it in at 11.2-11.5 range..

oh and ima dose the whole vail at wider speaded intervals ;-)

thanx Paul, between the 2 of us i think we now have some clarity on this issue for the prodibio newbies.

I emailed them another question regarding the best time to start using Reefbooster after using Bio Clean system..
Will keep you posted

Last edited by Ace1; 12/19/2008 at 02:44 PM.
Ace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2008, 12:28 PM   #109
SS7
Registered Member

My current situation/status: I have in the past run the zeo method and still have an abundance of the many components. I have downsized my tank as I'm moving into an apartment and will no longer have the room for a large tank. I will have a total water volume of ~40gal. I will be very busy and don't want the responsibility of daily additions.

I like the idea of the prodibio approach because I don't have the daily dosing and mulm shake. I have purchased the digest to assist my tank cycle. This and the zeobak will be the only bacteria I introduce to the system, other than what rides on my dipped corals.

Does anyone have any recommendations to the amount of zeostart2, food7, sp, aa, cv, spur's, vodka, etc to match optim and reefbooster's contents?

Thanks,
SS

SS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2008, 01:34 PM   #110
Dave's Reef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cato
As of this week I dose optim every other week. So in all it goes like this...
(after the initial 6 wks of just optim/digest)

Week 1, 3, 5, 7, 9,...dose digest
Week 2, 4, 6, 8,...dose optim
dose booster every week.

I will see if I can get a FTS tonight for you guys. This system will be 2yrs old in Feb. Every coral except the blue millie (lower front right) were grown from 1-2" frags.
Curious about how you've decided to "stagger" your dosing schedule of the Biodigest & Bioptim? How come and how long have you been doing that?

I just began dosing 11 days ago and dosed the 2 together... Didn't think about staggering it out like you. I was doing water changes every week prior to the Prodibio stuff but when I read the directions and saw to dose every 15 days I didn't want to go any more than two weeks without a water change.

How often how much and when are you doing yours?

Curious?????

Dave's Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2008, 01:35 PM   #111
Dave's Reef
Registered Member

FWIW I did my regular water change and THEN dosed the Prodibio

Unread 12/26/2008, 06:04 PM   #112
cato
New England

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave's Reef
Curious about how you've decided to "stagger" your dosing schedule of the Biodigest & Bioptim? How come and how long have you been doing that?

I just began dosing 11 days ago and dosed the 2 together... Didn't think about staggering it out like you. I was doing water changes every week prior to the Prodibio stuff but when I read the directions and saw to dose every 15 days I didn't want to go any more than two weeks without a water change.

How often how much and when are you doing yours?

Curious?????
Hi Dave. For the 1st 6 weeks I didn't stagger the doses. I would water change Sat morning and dose Biodigest Sat afternoon. Then on Sunday I would dose Bioptim. I did this every week for 6 weeks. Then on week 7 I started staggering them as I posted earlier. Hope I'm not confusing you. Apologies if I am. Why I dose this way?? I read it somewhere in my travels and IIRC this is how gcarroll explained it to me when we talked on the phone. You may find some info regarding it in this link but don't hold me to it. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...ht=reefbooster

Unread 12/26/2008, 06:08 PM   #113
Dave's Reef
Registered Member

Cato- Fair enough...

I guess my remaining question would be where do you fit your water changes in, with what frequency and then conversely when and where do you squeeze in your Prodibio dosings?

Thanks

Unread 12/30/2008, 08:30 AM   #114
cato
New England

I do 10% water changes every other week before I dose. I dose into my sump.

Unread 01/06/2009, 10:25 PM   #115
bluetang_2000
Registered Member

since the bioptim is 1 amp per 52g, should I dose two since I have a 100g net tank volume?

bluetang_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2009, 12:10 AM   #116
bluetang_2000
Registered Member

also, does it matter whether the skimmer is on or off when dosing?

bluetang_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2009, 08:13 PM   #117
Dave's Reef
Registered Member

bluetang_2000: It's a good idea to turn off your skimmer when you dose. I turn mine off for prior to dosing and leave it off for a couple hours, no biggy.

Unread 01/08/2009, 08:14 PM   #118
Dave's Reef
Registered Member

Yes

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetang_2000
since the bioptim is 1 amp per 52g, should I dose two since I have a 100g net tank volume?

Unread 01/08/2009, 11:01 PM   #119
soccerbag
Chalices did this to me..

Are any of you guys running a fuge with chaeto along with Prodibio? I know that some are using GFO and some aren't. I don't believe the fuge questions has been asked in this thread. Seeing as though chaeto has phosphate removing properties, what is the concensus on this?

I'm on my 3rd week of dosing bioptim and digest. I still have my GFO reactor running (may take that offline) and I have a fuge with chaeto. Hence the question...

Thanks!

Please check out my Reef Website!

Current Tank Info: 246g Display, 39g Frag Tank, Sfiligoi XR6, Royal Exclusiv AC 300, 2 x MP60ES Vortech's, 2-part with LMIII, Apex.
soccerbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2009, 11:51 PM   #120
Dave's Reef
Registered Member

I finally took my phosban reactor with Phosguard offline but didn't take the Chaeto out ...

I'm only on my 4th week running Prodibio and have had some learning curve with it... For instance I didn't think to shut the skimmer off the first 2 times I dosed. Then not until the 3rd week did I think to turn the UV bulb off on my UV sterilizer.... VERY frustrating, and now THIS with the Chaeto??? SHEESH!

It does only make sense to pull it but I 2nd the question posed by soccerbag, what about the Chaeto? What's everyone doing or not? To Chaeto or NOT to Chaeto, that's the question?????

And for GOSH sakes what else do I need to shut off or remove while I'm running it? I thought I'd read pretty thoroughly through this thread and a couple others but I keep finding mistakes I'm making... DANG IT!

Unread 01/09/2009, 06:10 AM   #121
fishysteve
Registered Member

I've been using the Prodibio products for about two years now. I still use Rowaphos and chaeto. It seems to work for me. Check out my gallery, I think my tank looks pretty good.

Unread 01/09/2009, 07:44 AM   #122
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers

For the record

i have dosed 1 amp of bioptim and 1 amp of bio digest in a 60 gallon cube every 2 weeks for the last 6 months with no ill effects (in fact really good effects).

In addition i have also added four drops of zeovit aahc every day and 4 ml of vodka every day.

I have a full box of reefbooster,I used it twice, at the recomended dose, both times I had corals rtn and m skimmer took 24 hour to recover, then went crazy for 12 hours,I wont use that again.
I massively overskim, use a filter sock and am meticulous about debris siphoning and water changes.

my tank as is

adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2009, 07:58 AM   #123
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers

I run no fuge, I removed it and got a bigger skimmer.

adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2009, 08:55 AM   #124
Rueg
Premium Member

I am on my second dose of the bio-digest. I also dose Zeostart and Zeofood every other day. I am running GFO, but if I ever get to that magical day where my phosphates are undetectable on my test kit then I will probably stop running the GFO. All my parameters are good except for phosphates. They typically are around .25 to .5. I have a 180 gallon tank with probably around 20 gallons in the sump. Interesting thread.

Rueg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/09/2009, 12:32 PM   #125
ksed
Registered Member

I bought some Prodibio but was wondering if anyone con explain how this works between doses. What I mean by that is when you dose your biodigest and bioptim then you are good for 2 weeks, well don't you need a carbon source dosed daily to keep the bacteria alive?

Thanks
Kevin

ksed is offline   Reply With Quote