Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/09/2017, 06:00 AM   #1
justthewife
Registered Member

We are going FOWLR

Well, we did it. We sold all of our corals and cleaned out the tank. The parameters were non existent. Honestly, there was no reading on the test kits for Calcium. Not good at all. Way too much hair algae. So now we are going fish only with live rock. Any suggestions on fish choices? Any tips? We are in the rockscaping stage at the moment and will be looking for fish in the next two months. 90 gallon tank. Wish it was bigger but we have no extra room.

Current Tank Info: 90 gal tank AquaMax skimmer LED EchoTech Gen 3 lights Gyre150 RO/DI water
justthewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2017, 06:41 AM   #2
Clowning_Around
Registered Member

Given the switch I would take a look at the fish you may have been limited from with a reef to take advantage of the new direction.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Clowning_Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2017, 08:55 PM   #3
Neoz
Registered Member

I currently have a nice plump sailfin looking for a home. But I agree, I would get what I couldn't in a reef tank. Mainly some nice Angels. Good luck.

Live to Learn

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 450. Vertex Omega 180i, ATI Dimmable T5, 2-MP40 QD's
Neoz is offline   Reply With Quote