Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/27/2012, 07:24 PM   #1
LISound
Registered Member

vortech creates bubbles mp10

not sure why now, but my mp10 is spitting big bubbles. looks like micro bubbles gather and it spits a few big bubbles out. never had this happen before. the pump is not sucking air from the surface. and it is only happening on one pump.
strange.

any thoughts?

LISound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2012, 10:47 PM   #2
LISound
Registered Member

White spacer came loose. can i just glue that back in place with some your coral glue

LISound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2012, 09:01 AM   #3
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

Yes, a small dab of glue will fix it completely. You can also feel free to send it in to us and get it repaired.

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 05:01 PM   #4
AFamilyofDivers
Registered Member

Unhappy Similar question...But nothing broken

We have two of the MP40's in our tank. One works beautifully, the other spits out constant large bubbles. They were purchased about oct. nov. timeframe but my husband and I just got finished two weeks ago building the system. They've been in there for the last two weeks. The one that is now the trouble child worked perfectly but today we noticed it spitting out the bubbles. We removed the pump, check it, cleaned it, and placed it back in the tank, and now these bubbles are constant. Nothing was loose, broken, cracked, or had any issues we could see. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

AFamilyofDivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2012, 05:03 PM   #5
drparker
Registered Member

I had a bubble issue when I trapped a bunch of air inside the back of the wet side by the magnet. I now assemble the back over the magnet, under water to make sure all air is out of it.

drparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2012, 07:13 PM   #6
AFamilyofDivers
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker View Post
I had a bubble issue when I trapped a bunch of air inside the back of the wet side by the magnet. I now assemble the back over the magnet, under water to make sure all air is out of it.
Nice tip, I will try that next time they are out. We readjusted it underwater again and not one bubble came out. Still nothng today so maybe a fluke, especially since they have been in there for several weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed..

AFamilyofDivers is offline   Reply With Quote