Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/22/2017, 10:36 PM   #1
MichaelW
Registered Member

Recalibration

Just wondered is there, or likely ever going to be, a way to calibrate probes and DOS pumps through fusion?
Right now the only way i know how is with the display... And i got to thinking about it because my father in laws display module isnt working for some reason (neither does mine on his system but it works on mine)
Also i thought i heard the new apex doesnt come with a display... If so how do these people calibrate?

MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2017, 08:08 PM   #2
mal7887
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
Just wondered is there, or likely ever going to be, a way to calibrate probes and DOS pumps through fusion?
Right now the only way i know how is with the display... And i got to thinking about it because my father in laws display module isnt working for some reason (neither does mine on his system but it works on mine)
Also i thought i heard the new apex doesnt come with a display... If so how do these people calibrate?
You can also calibrate probes and DOS though the local apex interface.

Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Current Tank Info: 190
mal7887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2017, 09:39 PM   #3
slief
RC Sponsor

The Apex 2016 can be calibrated through Fusion. The original Apex needs to be calibrated through the display or through the classic web inteface that you get to via the IP address.

That said, even with the Apex 2016, I prefer calibrating via the display or the classic interface. I like to let the probe settle much longer than Fusions allows during calibration. I do this for more peace of mind when it comes to calibration accuracy.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2017, 09:43 PM   #4
slief
RC Sponsor

As for the display not working on your dads Apex, go to the modules setting page using the classic web interface. You will likely find multiple displays there. Unplug his display. Then using the web interface, select a display from the module list pull down, Then select delete module followed by Submit Module Change. Then repeat with any other display modules listed until no more displays are shown in the module list down below. Then plug in his display. Refresh the modules page. The display should pop back up in the module list. Select the display. Then select update module and click Submit Module Change.

That will likely solve his display issue. If that doesn’t solve it, unplug the display. Delete the display module again. Restart the Apex by cycling power or go to the network settings screen and select Reboot or Restart after change. Then click submit change. That will restart the Apex. Once the Apex has restarted and you can connect again using the web intercept, plug the display back in and see if it comes back up.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote