Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/23/2007, 08:10 PM   #1
Gluestick
Registered Member

Possible malnutrition....

My flame angelfish gradually developed white spots on his head, almost appeared as if the scales had receded or something and just a white fleshy area was exposed. I saw a fish with a similar affliction at a LFS and they said that he was suffering from malnutrition. I was feeding the angel a homemade mixture which was mostly meaty with some nori in it and spirulina, but after noticing this affliction I switched to emerald entree by Hikari I think?? Anyway, I swtiched to that and I went on vacation, and when I came back (fish had been on emerald entree for about 3 weeks), the fish's white patches are almost like a dark purple or black... Like they're healing maybe??? Anyway, I just wanted to know if this was normal in the healing process and if the emerald entree was a sufficient food source for him... I will also pick up some of those veggie things to clip in the tank, the red algae I think is geared for the angels. Thanks
Valerie

Gluestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2007, 09:51 PM   #2
happyface888
Registered Member

Im guessing its HLLE, I read its common in tangs and angels but maybe other can add to it.

happyface888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2007, 01:58 PM   #3
kevin2000
Registered Member

Can you provide a picture.

Better nutrition doesn't have any downside.

I would consider variety and perhaps soaking the food in a supplement like selcon. My dwarfs never seemed to be fond of nori but they were alway chow hounds when it came to frozen mysis, cylopse etc.

kevin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote