Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/23/2018, 12:43 PM   #1
Mrramsey
NEO Reefer

GHL Profilux 4 Configuration

I am considering the purchase of the Profilux 4 ultimate set but have a few questions about getting everything I am needing / wanting.

I would like the following:

Temp x2
pH
Salinity
ReDox
10 outlets
6 switches (i.e float or optical)
Doser for 2 part

Lights are on their own controller and I have 2 Jebao RW-8 wavemakers that have their controller unless there is a cable available to tie into the profilux?

I was also considering the APEX and Reef Angel controllers how ever as I try to configure them for what I want I find them to be very 'clunky'. For example all of the modules to expand... daisy chain city. Reef Angel is probably the worse because every time you expand you need an expansion box plus what ever module you are adding. Couple that with the fact that most of the modules require a 12v power supply. Apex is somewhat better in that each module daisy chains to the next. But still cables and modules everywhere.

What I really like about the Profilux is the architecture. Clean, expansion cards like a pc. Sure there is an expansion box but again plugin cards. The only downside out of the box for me with the profilux is the power bar and 5 outlets. Maybe I am overlooking something. How does everyone else have theirs set up? My ATO requires 2 outlets at the moment, 2 jebao power heads take 2, one small koralia power head takes another, 2 heaters, return pump and skimmer plus the light.

Current Tank Info: 120g In-Wall | BA Overflow | 55g Sump | SWC Extreme 150 Skimmer | DIY ATO | 2 Jebao RW-8| Fluval SP6 | Photon 48v2 LED | GFO and Carbon

Last edited by Mrramsey; 03/23/2018 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Adding additional info
Mrramsey is offline   Reply With Quote