Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/16/2014, 05:49 PM   #1
oshanickreef
Registered Member

Apex help

I just moved into a new apartment and just finished setting everything up... I upgraded tanks so there's a lot more water. Randomly my lights turned off along with my return and it came so close to overflowing.. The status light on one of my eb8s is blinking and I don't know what that means. I had my eb8s linked together with a usb chord and when I took it out it started working again... I'm so confused. Please help!

Instagram: Oshanickreef
oshanickreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Mark Bianco
In Memoriam

When you removed the Aquabus cable the EB8 went to its fallback state. What the blinking light means is there is a problem with commutations between the controller and the EB8. Plug it back in and reboot the controller then see if you have extra modules listed if so eliminate them and reboot...

Mark Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2014, 06:10 PM   #3
oshanickreef
Registered Member

How do I reboot the controller? Also do I need to link my two eb8s with a usb cable?

Unread 11/17/2014, 08:19 AM   #4
aleithol
Registered Member

I also responded to you over on Neptune Systems Community before I saw Mark's post and your response to him...

Rebooting a controller is done by removing all power from it -- that means, pull the aquabus cables from it that go to any Energy Bar and if you're using a 12V power supply, pull that as well -- then put them back in and the controller will reboot.

Your EBs can each be connected back to the controller, OR one can go to the controller and the other EB can attach to the other EB.

Unread 11/17/2014, 12:03 PM   #5
oshanickreef
Registered Member

so i had a thought while at work that maybe one of my dosing pumps was running... which it turns out that it was and it was ALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to leave work (which i am so glad i did) my ph yesterday was 7.85 and it is 8.5 right now.... and my alk yesterday was 8.5 and it is now 15!! I unplugged my doser and pulled the tube out so i dont have to worry about it... my apex seems to be turning random outlets on and off and i cannot control them from fusion..