Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/31/2017, 10:26 AM   #1
tundracub
Registered Member

Mini maxi carpet

[IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171031/079a55647374fe5db88bbdf6586888eb.jpg[/IMG
Decided to pull the trigger. Not all that expensive and supposedly very hardy. Bought the rock that the anemone was on because I didn’t want it’s foot damaged. What’s y’alls experience with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tundracub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/31/2017, 10:27 AM   #2
tundracub
Registered Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tundracub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/31/2017, 02:24 PM   #3
Nixy
Registered Member

I was told mine is a Maxi-mini but if anyone reading this thread wants to properly identify mine I’d appreciate it. We named our guy Mick after Mick Jagger because when he eats, he looks like a giant pair of lips. I love him and find him truly fascinating! He has grown a lot since we got him and when spread out he easily measures 6 inches across. He went on a “walkabout” for one week recently but has settled back in his original spot. Now for the bad news—I woke up one morning and he was all smashed up in the rocks. I thought that was strange and then I noticed my clownfish missing
I did not see him eat it but I’m certain he did. My husband and I have decided to just sit back and let our tank mature and be a fishless tank for now. For now I have no plans to get rid of him bc I really like him. I just don’t want to put any more fish at risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Just sitting and watching my tank like it's a TV."

Current Tank Info: 16G Nano Reef. Started 7-22-2017
Nixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/31/2017, 04:47 PM   #4
Cliving1
Registered Member

Tundra can you get a clearer pic? Almost looks like a haddoni.

Cliving1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2017, 12:19 AM   #5
bcb577
Registered Member

My mini looks a lot like yours so far loyd hasn’t eaten either of my fish but I’m still aware it could happen and I’m sorry you lost your clown

bcb577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2017, 07:21 AM   #6
Nixy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb577 View Post
My mini looks a lot like yours so far loyd hasn’t eaten either of my fish but I’m still aware it could happen and I’m sorry you lost your clown

Thanks. Sorry I lost the clown too but I still love Mick. And I love that yours is named Loyd!

"Just sitting and watching my tank like it's a TV."

Current Tank Info: 16G Nano Reef. Started 7-22-2017
Nixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 04:35 PM   #7
SNAKEMANVET
PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep it’s a mini maxi, I have about 40 of the Bali mini maxi anemones.They are blood red with green mouth and max out at 3”.

SNAKEMANVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 04:38 PM   #8
SNAKEMANVET
PREMIUM MEMBER

Nixy you have a maxi anemone, they get around 6” to 8” across.

SNAKEMANVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2017, 11:20 AM   #9
Pond Boy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy View Post
I was told mine is a Maxi-mini but if anyone reading this thread wants to properly identify mine I’d appreciate it. We named our guy Mick after Mick Jagger because when he eats, he looks like a giant pair of lips. I love him and find him truly fascinating! He has grown a lot since we got him and when spread out he easily measures 6 inches across. He went on a “walkabout” for one week recently but has settled back in his original spot. Now for the bad news—I woke up one morning and he was all smashed up in the rocks. I thought that was strange and then I noticed my clownfish missing
I did not see him eat it but I’m certain he did. My husband and I have decided to just sit back and let our tank mature and be a fishless tank for now. For now I have no plans to get rid of him bc I really like him. I just don’t want to put any more fish at risk.

I have the same specimen, lovely aren't they. It is in fact a Mini Maxi got mine cheep as well they are very hardy and do like a meal or two a week.

Sorry to hear it got your clown they are quite sticky so I can imagine how a fish would get trapped very easily.

Current Tank Info: JBJ 12g
Pond Boy is offline   Reply With Quote