Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Graham670
Registered Member

Reeflo blowhole vs snapper/dart hybrid?

I'm n the process of obtaining equipment for my 125 build, and the choice of external pumps has come down to reeflo blowhole 1450 or the reeflo snapper dart hybrid. I want something quiet, efficient and also long lasting and reliable. Any advice or suggestions and reasoning for your opinion would b great, thanks.

Graham670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2012, 10:00 PM   #2
hk855
Registered Member

I had a dart and it was super quiet and reliable. I'm going to go with a blowhole on my new tank in the next few weeks, just deciding between the 1150 and 1450 as it's a smaller tank but there will be an upgrade later. I would say it depends on your application. If it's a return pump I would do the blowhole because you could put penductors on it and then get significant flow in tank without over doing your overflow and sump leading to micro bubbles, and it's adjustable. If it's a closed loop i'd lean to the dart, lower wattage and more flow for a curent effect. You don't want to push 3000 gph through the sump and overflow. Blowhole again if your closed loop bulkheads are smaller than 1 1/2".

Current Tank Info: Taking a break, ultimate nano in planing
hk855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2012, 08:25 AM   #3
psusocr
Registered Member

the blowhole pump is amazing and super silent!! love mine!! beast of a pump yet soo compact..

Current Tank Info: Custom 300 in-wall mixed reef, SRO Diablo DCRS EXT 250 Skimmer ,LED's with 6' VHO Actinics, Custom fuge, (2)Tunze 6105's (2)Tunze 6095's on Tunze 7095 controller, MRC CR-4 Dual, ATO & Aquacontroller III
psusocr is offline   Reply With Quote