Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/06/2016, 11:28 AM   #1
mnchartier
Registered Member

New 6095 with controller keeps stopping

I just got this pump Thursday and notice that it keeps stopping occasionally. I had it set to pulse, 100% min one time, and about 40%. I also turned off pulse with the knob turned to off, and it is still doing the same. I removed the propeller and there's nothing in there. Any ideas?

Current Tank Info: DD150
mnchartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2016, 12:22 PM   #2
mnchartier
Registered Member

Also the lights on the controller stay on when the pump stops, or when in pulse they alternate as they should

Unread 02/07/2016, 10:58 AM   #3
shellsea
Registered Member

Roger I also have had trouble with one of my 6095's stopping. It gets hung up. Been dealing with it for quite some time. if left in 100% power it seems to do ok, just when alternating power percentage.

Can I ship it to you so you can take a look? I am the guy who has gone through half dozen discs thinking that was the problem. Please advise.

Unread 02/08/2016, 09:45 AM   #4
mnchartier
Registered Member

What I did was reseat the cable in the controller and it seems to have stopped the issue so far.

Unread 02/08/2016, 09:51 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I can think of 3 possibilities-

1) If you are connecting another controller to the 7090 you may need to calibrate the minimum speed as their was a small change in the signal voltage. This only applies if another controller is used and the 7090 is run in external mode.

2) The plug to the pump inside the controller may be loose or have a bad connection, try opening the controller and checking the plug, unplug it and plug it back in.

3) The propeller assembly fits too tight on the shaft and stalls at low speed. If you have two pumps you can confirm this by swapping prop assemblies, if it follows the prop, that is definitely the cause and we can send the prop assembly.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 08:26 PM   #6
shellsea
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
I can think of 3 possibilities-

1) If you are connecting another controller to the 7090 you may need to calibrate the minimum speed as their was a small change in the signal voltage. This only applies if another controller is used and the 7090 is run in external mode.

2) The plug to the pump inside the controller may be loose or have a bad connection, try opening the controller and checking the plug, unplug it and plug it back in.

3) The propeller assembly fits too tight on the shaft and stalls at low speed. If you have two pumps you can confirm this by swapping prop assemblies, if it follows the prop, that is definitely the cause and we can send the prop assembly.
Roger, you are the best! I tried option number 3 and bingo! The stall moved to the other pump. Please pm me regarding replacement prop.
Thanks.
Jack Destin, FL.