Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/22/2018, 07:10 AM   #1551
Nicologne
Registered Member

If someone in need of the Free Desktop Software for your LED Fixture, please find it here:

https://shop.scitronix.com/en_US/sho...-usb-dongle-74

There are now also Presets included in the Menu.

Also some interesting news for options...

https://shop.scitronix.com/en_US/blo...-black-coral-7

This is the post:

Write up: „Black Coral Series“: Concept of XLL 550 Black Coral
Breathing new life into the Illumina LED system!

XLL 550 upgrade Kit & Spare Pad
"..in order to benefit customers with lights from the first series in 2010."
Write up: „Black Coral Series“: Konzept der XLL 550 Black Coral Sparepad

Stand: 2-2018

Author: Nicolas Dorweiler & Andreas Schneider, SciTronix GmbH

Requirement:
Over the years the success of the Illumina LED system has earned it a loyal following that has grown to several thousand users worldwide.

As it has been exported to over 45 countries and there is a very manageable second hand market, it can be assumed that many of these lights are still in operation.

This has been confirmed repeatedly through our interactions with users who have successfully operated their fixtures since their release 7 years ago.

Many users continue to report on their satisfaction with the Illumina and the achievements they have made with light-hungry stony corals.

How outstanding this fixture was at the time can be gleaned from reports such as the in depth video produced by Bulkreefsupply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJOl...FC54436CCEC478

Problem analysis:
We have dozens to hundreds of inquiries from wholesalers, retailers and end users asking if we can supply spare parts.

We also handle many inquiries and questions about the possibility of us offering an upgrade, as it was once advertised.

Answer: YES!
Our first consideration was how we wanted to proceed. Should new optimizations be implemented independently for new fixtures, or should 100% compatibility with the previous versions be considered in order to benefit customers with lights from the first series in 2010?

Write up: „Black Coral Series“: Konzept der XLL 550 Black Coral - Ersatzmodul
XLL 550 Spare Pad, 100% compatibel with Illumina LED System.
Here are the key points to consider:
• 100% compatibility in the event that users just need spare parts

• Ability to do partial upgrades on older units

Each individual part must be compatible with all old parts and software

• Harmonious integration of the new components should be guaranteed

• Users should always have the opportunity to extend the life of the light through upgrades and the fixture as a whole for use over the next 7 years.

• AUX modules should continue to be used without restriction

Based on these factors, the extension of the main modules with color LED's is not viable, as users already have AUX Multicolor modules and should continue to use them.

Furthermore, a pad that includes additional color channels would increase the cost of replacement pads without adding value. It would instead force users to replace the existing pads to restore homogeneity.

We did not want to force customers into a total upgrade !!!
Write up: „Black Coral Series“: Konzept der XLL 550 Black Coral Aux Multicolor Modul
The Multicolor AUX Module will be back to Life in April as well.
Even for users with large lights, 1500/1800 models for example, exchanging just 5 or 6 pads can achieve a significant increase in performance.

Depending on the reef structure, individual pads can also be replaced by stronger ones to focus on areas without affecting the whole display.

The result is a 100% compatible LED pad with the same color values ​​as the original pads.
Cree's newest LEDs now consume half as much power - allowing for new lights that are twice as powerful but consume the same amount of energy as the older models !!!

The XLL upgrade kit will be offered first to end customers ONLY with a 40% DISCOUNT (before tax). This should convey our strong connection to the Illumina and its users. We also say in this way, thank you - for your years of loyalty and use of this product.

We ship worldwide !!

After publication, the dealers and wholesalers have access to this product.

Outlook:
The XLL family will grow in the future with the new model XLL 600 MC (Multicolor)

This model will not have 100% compatibility with previous models and software, but will expand the product range to the new fixture with latest features:

Planned features:
• Wlan-based connection

• Control via browser-enabled device

• Pad communication via plug connection, and power distribution analogous to the XLL 550 via piercing contacts for easy replacement by users at any time.

• Main modules with an optimization of color values ​​in the 400-480nm range based on the classic "Actinic Blue".

• Extension of the main modules with the following colors:

• UV (405nm, 420nm)

• red / dark red (620nm / 660nm)

• Warm white

• Maximum number of LEDs with 19 pieces in total.

It will also be possible to retrofit existing Illuminas. However, this will no longer be done through a subsidized offer. Furthermore, all pads including the display unit have to be replaced in these instances.

Since this will not be the right option for every user, we decided to take the intermediate step with the XLL 550.

Best regards

SciTronix Support

someone interested in the Presale?

Cheers

Nicologne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/17/2018, 07:10 AM   #1552
EFJ
Registered Member

Can some one maybe give me some advice or point me in the right direction. I have the Illumina sr260 900mm long unit. No aux pads installed and never had issues with it.

My problem is for the past 3 or 4 months my light pads are dying 1 by 1. Also if the power trips it doesnt retain the date and time (but that is most probably a bad battery).

I would just like to know if someone had a similar issue and what was done to resolve it or do I need to start looking at buying new light pads and if I do where would be the best places with the best prices. I have read the above posts but would like to know if anyone supplies to South Africa.

Also I live in South Africa and I am struggling to get hold of any support from Vertex.

EFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2018, 04:52 PM   #1553
ATATT
Registered Member

Nic...I hope you can help...I don't have enough posts yet to qualify to send you a PM.

Anyway, I finally updated firmware on my 1200, added four multicolor modules and all was great. I couldn't leave well enough alone and added two Royal Blues and one UV module so now every slot is full. I fired the fixture up and noticed the power indicator on one of the Meanwells began dimming and eventually died. Only one side of each of the original pads LED's fired and some of the multicolor modules. I unplugged everything at that point. I'm no engineer but it sure seems to me that a Meanwell has failed (even though the fixture hasn't been run more than twenty or so hours in its entire existence---I bought it new) and I simply need to replace it, however, I realize the 1200 with just the original pads is 320w and each Meanwell is 221. Did I add too much wattage by adding all those auxillary modules? In short, do you agree that a dead Meanwell is the source of my problem and, if so, do you:

a. think I need two new higher capacity Meanwells
b. think I should just replace the original Meanwell that died
c. have a totally different problem

Thanks immensely in advance for any and all help.

ATATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2018, 03:21 PM   #1554
MrsBugmaster
Registered Member

My old computer crashed and I now need to download the software for my light again, but can't find where I can get it. Can anyone help?

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 170, my reef tank. 180 gal FOWLR tank
MrsBugmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2018, 03:38 PM   #1555
MrsBugmaster
Registered Member

Ok so I found the software and installed but I can't do anything with it. It keeps saying "file corrupted" and won't do anything.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 170, my reef tank. 180 gal FOWLR tank
MrsBugmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2018, 04:57 PM   #1556
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Check post # 1551 & contact Nicologne.

Unread 09/13/2018, 07:21 AM   #1557
red fang
Registered Member

Hello

Did someone already order the xll 550 upgrade kit on scitronix's website? And if so, how hard is it to make the change with the old leds pad? I tried to contact scitronix but no answer since more than a week. Did it go bankrupt?

Thanks

red fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2018, 12:07 PM   #1558
austriariff
Registered Member

Hello,

I know that SciTronix has some costumers who upgraded his fixture to a XLL550. I also did it by myself and there was no problem.

Do you know SciTronix is also on Facebook?

austriariff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2018, 08:17 AM   #1559
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

6 ft. fixture, Hybrid pads, up for sale with USB remote, works as it should, no problems.
$750 -- does NOT include shipping. FIRM from 11764.

Unread 09/23/2018, 09:55 AM   #1560
Jrfouche
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Kreyling View Post
6 ft. fixture, Hybrid pads, up for sale with USB remote, works as it should, no problems.
$750 -- does NOT include shipping. FIRM from 11764.
Where r u located

Jrfouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2018, 10:09 AM   #1561
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

LI, New York

Unread 02/07/2019, 09:00 PM   #1562
Yin_Yang247
Registered Member

https://vertextechinc-my.sharepoint....C67E4BB7F87081

Firmware & Software plus PFD document files

Yin_Yang247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2019, 09:18 PM   #1563
Yin_Yang247
Registered Member

For the software to work on Windows 10 you'll need to install java

https://www.java.com/en/download/win10.jsp

Unread 03/20/2019, 05:44 PM   #1564
Yin_Yang247
Registered Member

Working link for software & firmware!

If google drive stays alive I'll keep this link always shareable.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b2...0yqrQ7m-YoQ95d

Unread 03/20/2019, 06:01 PM   #1565
Yin_Yang247
Registered Member

Highly advise everyone replace their display LCD battery soon with (CR1225) battery, since it has the highest capacity to last the longest inside the LCD panel or else your firmware will erase when it dies. With the power on, replacing the battery will prevent your current firmware to not be erased.

My original installed LCD battery from the manufacture was a (Camelion - CR1216) 25mah capacity.
Installed on November 2012 which lasted until February 2019.

When the LCD battery die you'll need to upload the firmware into the LCD panel module.

LCD panel is (-1 \ -1) and Master LED module is next to LCD panel indicated as (0 \ 0)

Installed a (CR1225) battery 50mah capacity that has double capacity of (CR1216) which will increase the years until I have to replace the LCD battery again.

To force firmware update into light LED modules; the reset button next to white connector needs to be pressed & held for a few seconds right before doing firmware updated and a few seconds during the update. Had to reset power & redo the procedure a few times for a few modules that failed to accept newest firmware. Keep the USB V-LINK near to have a strong connection & faster uploading the firmware.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190305_204739.jpg (89.2 KB, 21 views)
Unread 03/21/2019, 01:19 AM   #1566
Jrfouche
Registered Member

$600 -- does NOT include shipping. FIRM from 34746.

Jrfouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2019, 11:59 PM   #1567
Yin_Yang247
Registered Member

New working link for software & firmware!

If google drive stays alive I'll keep this link always shareable.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0yqrQ7m-YoQ95d

Unread 11/15/2019, 04:14 AM   #1568
Grosh
Registered Member

Hello!

I have an Illumina 1200-360, 1st on the cable side the ped is not working. If I buy used ped from the Illuminа 600-260 lamp and replace my non-working, will it work on my lamp?

There are some difficulties that I should know, for example, that you can replace only 360 with 360 or the eighth number with only the eighth number, etc.

Thanks you!

Grosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2019, 04:23 AM   #1569
Grosh
Registered Member

Latest firmware version 2162?

Unread 11/15/2019, 11:31 AM   #1570
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

I know that pads are specific to location within the unit & must be replaced with one from that position or the timing sequence will not work.
I know there is a way to reset but not how to do it.
I have a complete 6 ft. 360 unit I am not using if you are interested.
All led's work & I have the V Stick too with a 15' USB cable.

Unread 11/16/2019, 05:55 AM   #1571
Grosh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Kreyling View Post
I know that pads are specific to location within the unit & must be replaced with one from that position or the timing sequence will not work.
I know there is a way to reset but not how to do it.
I have a complete 6 ft. 360 unit I am not using if you are interested.
All led's work & I have the V Stick too with a 15' USB cable.
I need one pad that is the first from the power wire. If you are ready to sell it alone, how much will it cost?
Are 360 pads compatible with 260 fixtures?

Unread 11/16/2019, 08:32 AM   #1572
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Pads are interchangeable, in fact that is what was done to mine & had to be factory reset
before I got it.
Sorry it's all or nothing with the light or it will sit for a lifetime.

Unread 11/27/2019, 08:45 PM   #1573
dgarrets
Registered Member

Vinny,

I have an older 1200 200 - would the pads work in my unit? How much do you want for the unit? I may be interested. I've been out of the hobby for a little while, but had great success with this light previously - sorry to see Vertex abandoned it. Not sure if I want to invest to have back up modules etc. (I don't need 72 inches long) or just go with Radions which seem to be the current choice...

Dave

dgarrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/11/2020, 09:35 AM   #1574
CrossXBones
Registered Member

Can someone share the Vertex Link App?

My fixture has been running quietly for a few years. Now I'd like to tweak the settings it appears Vertex is gone.

I'm now running Macs. Could any body please share the app for Mac OS? Or a the least the Windows software?

Very much appreciated.

CrossXBones

CrossXBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/11/2020, 04:02 PM   #1575
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Posts above 1562 63 & 64

OH & by the way my unit sold.