Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/01/2014, 11:18 AM   #1
Nanook
Ancient Eskimo Legend

September 2014, Reefer of the Month---Misled!!

I'd like to thank everybody for this honor. Not just the Staff, which are the powers that do the voting, but the entire membership of Reef Central. This site wouldn't be what it is without all of us. I hope the next eight years are as fun as the first eight.
A little bit about me. I'm from the Pittsburgh, Pa. area. It's is and has been, (at least for the last twenty-five or so years), a hotbed for reefers. I started with FOWBOCH saltwater in the mid eighty's. A guy named Anthony Calfo started working at my LFS, and I was toast. There's been a reef tank in my life ever since.
I'm one that believes a reef will have a life span. It's not like we have infinite space. If things are growing well, I, (in my mind), kind of limit things to about seven years. Things start to overgrow other things. You can frag things every once and a while, but I just look to starting over. I like the planning and building stages.
Right now I have a mixed reef, but there are a few RBTA's. I started with one three years ago. There's at least seven or eight that I can see. The planning for something new has already begun. It's all there, intermingling around in my gray matter. That's a scarey thought.
Get out there. Make Reef Central a better place. I'm in the Photography Forum if you'd like to chew the fat. Thanks again.

Current Tank Info: 375g Tanganyikan Tank & 470g mixed reef

Last edited by Nanook; 09/01/2014 at 12:33 PM.
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/01/2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Nanook
Ancient Eskimo Legend

Congrats, Jesse! Thanks for all your support out in the forums and behind the scenes.

Current Tank Info: 375g Tanganyikan Tank & 470g mixed reef
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2014, 03:44 AM   #3
johnike
Moved On

Dood!!! How cool!!!
Not bad for a guy with mushrooms growing outta his ears, and anemones sprouting from the top of his noggin.
It's a pleasure knowing you and exchanging frags and ideas with you over the years.

Congrats, man. Keep on Loungin'

johnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2014, 12:06 PM   #4
Sk8r
RC Mod

Neat!

Salinity 1.024-6; alkalinity 8.3-9.3 on KH scale; calcium 420; magnesium 1300, temp 78-80, nitrate .2. Ammonia 0. No filters: lps tank. Alk and cal won't rise if mg is low.

Current Tank Info: 105g AquaVim wedge, yellow tang, sailfin blenny,royal gramma, ocellaris clown pair, yellow watchman, 100 microceriths, 25 tiny hermits, a 4" conch, 1" nassarius, recovering from 2 year hiatus with daily water change of 10%.
Sk8r is offline   Reply With Quote