Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/15/2016, 12:31 AM   #1
Au_ThatHurt
Registered Member

Does my Clownfish have Brooklynella?

Hi guys. I just found this little off-white strand coming from the top of my male clown. I have previously quarantined him and the other 2 damsels that I have a while ago and have not added anything new other than four hermit crab shells I washed in hot water (without soap). I also left the tank fishless for 72 days while quarantining the fish to make sure there was no ich in the tank. Could these shells which were bought mainly dry, aside from the water droplets on the bag which I assume were from the previous tank at the lfs carry any parasites? Here are pictures. please let me know as soon as you can. I am freaking out right now :'(

Attached Images
File Type: jpg clyde parasite.jpg (13.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg clyde parasite 2.jpg (17.8 KB, 20 views)
Au_ThatHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2016, 05:33 AM   #2
tylersarah
Registered Member

Is it still attached? Looks like an anchor worm, I would give the fish a freshwater dip.

tylersarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2016, 06:49 AM   #3
Au_ThatHurt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersarah View Post
Is it still attached? Looks like an anchor worm, I would give the fish a freshwater dip.
Hey tylersarah thanks so much for the reply. I just checked him and it seems that the long white strand has since turned into a small white dot now. Could it still be an anchor worm that retracted while my clown was sleeping or could it be going away!?

Au_ThatHurt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brooklynella, clownfish, disease, ich