Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/14/2006, 02:29 PM   #1
lessthanlights
Registered Member

Need Snorkel/Scuba/Spearfishing referrals in Tampa.

My wife and I will be visiting the Tampa/St. Pete area in the middle of March and staying in Clearwater. Can anyone recommend a dive outfit for spear fishing, coral collecting, fish collecting and snorkeling? We both are scuba certified and would try something new (spear fishing and coral collecting). Also, what about beach diving/snorkeling- our budget is limited so this would be a great option too. Or, if anyone would be willing to take a few vacationers out for a day on the water let me know. We are both 25 and very respectful adults- maybe we could take you out for a nice dinner afterwards or something.

Thanks,
Bryan
Duluth, MN

lessthanlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2006, 02:47 PM   #2
guntercb
Registered Member

For spearfishing check out Narcoiss Dive Shop in Tarpon Springs. The last I spearfished with them they only took out six divers at a time and they do lots of spearfishing and Captain Joyce is awesome.

For beach diving most go to the other coast, but there some spots south of Clearwater like Anna Maria Island where I believe some people do some beach dives. I think there is a dive shop on Anna Maira call them up and see if they can give you some info.

Duluth??? Yeah you need to come down and thaw out.

Good luck,
Chris

guntercb is offline   Reply With Quote