Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/24/2018, 08:07 AM   #226
steallife904
Registered Member

no he never touched my sps, just every LPS in the tank. By the time I realized it was him it was to late..... plus I couldn't catch him. Tried traps, removing as much rock as I could.... no luck. What can you do. When I move the tank though he will be going to a new home or back to the store. It is sad though because he is a beautiful flame angel. I knew it was a gamble back when I got him, just turned out to be a bad gamble.

steallife904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2018, 07:32 PM   #227
jar41
Registered Member

even bellus or swallowtail not safe? woow! actually wanted get one soon. i guess will have to think about it again.

jar41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2018, 07:55 PM   #228
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar41 View Post
even bellus or swallowtail not safe? woow! actually wanted get one soon. i guess will have to think about it again.
Never heard of a Bellus bothering coral before. Though I have never heard or seen a Genicanthus angel eating corals. Have had several over the years and none bothered corals.

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2018, 08:02 PM   #229
jar41
Registered Member

on that attached file say ghat bellus ate zoas and swallow nips lps... i know it’s only nipping but still!

Unread 05/24/2018, 08:05 PM   #230
jar41
Registered Member

friend of mine had customer who complained about blue tang nipping at corals. personal who was telling him that couldn’t figure out why her corals looked unhappy! once she got rid of tang all good...

Unread 05/25/2018, 07:17 AM   #231
steallife904
Registered Member

it really is a 50/50 maybe even 90/10 . Everyone told me before hand they had angel for year with no issue, even LFS told me they had no problems but did of course say (it could happen)..... well I was the 10% I guess. I knew it was a risk though. If you love the fish I would say go for it, it seems most people don't have an issue. Just know there is a possibility.

steallife904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/25/2018, 02:16 PM   #232
alton
Registered Member

Nothing is guaranteed, I had a purple tang for a couple years and it got too large for my tank. Sean Elliot was looking for one so I sold it to the LFS we both used for store credit. It ate $200 worth of coral before they could remove him and place him in Sean's Eel tank to live out his life. That lasted until Sean was traded to Detroit for that funny Tattooed dude that also didn't last very long either.

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2018, 03:29 PM   #233
Cancun
Registered Member

[QUOTE=carrots;25442070]Well I did it. I have two small Blueline Angels coming from Poma Labs on Friday. I'll keep you posted. Pray my wife doesn't see the invoice

Did you get your blueline Angels from poma Iabs yet? If so how are they doing and do you have pics?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2018, 05:54 PM   #234
carrots
Registered Member

Yes they came in great shape. The larger one immediately started displaying dominance over the smaller one. The sparing never ended so after two days I separated them in hopes of getting them settled in and eating.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2D22FB29-6A85-4CC2-884C-4CCF09E08099.jpg (78.5 KB, 89 views)
carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 09:56 AM   #235
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrots View Post
Yes they came in great shape. The larger one immediately started displaying dominance over the smaller one. The sparing never ended so after two days I separated them in hopes of getting them settled in and eating.
What size did they arrive, looks to be close to 1.5"?

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 10:33 AM   #236
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Wow! They look beautiful!!!! Keep us posted! My Singapore from them is doing great.....I just can't believe how beautiful these captive bred Angels look from them! I have seen some captive bred Flame Angels (not from them) and they don't look near as good as wild caught ones....

Unread 05/29/2018, 10:34 AM   #237
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
What size did they arrive, looks to be close to 1.5"?
My Singapore from them was about 1.5 inches.....

Unread 05/29/2018, 01:57 PM   #238
euod
Registered Member

Those blueline angels are beautiful.

euod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 02:06 PM   #239
humaguy
Premium Member

see below

Last edited by humaguy; 05/29/2018 at 04:23 PM.
humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 04:23 PM   #240
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
They are so adorable! Did the fish suffer any damage? If not, you might want to try and let them work things out now. If it was pretty rough between them, played, and a bummer, lol, for now...

Good luck
TK

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unread 05/29/2018, 07:22 PM   #241
carrots
Registered Member

The Poma Labs bluelines came in around 1 & 1.5 inch. The larger one ripped the tail fin up on the smaller one. It is funny that since they have the egg crate between them they both keep running to the crate to look at each other and displaying for each. Their blue lines really brighten up when doing this. After a few days apart the smaller ones tail has healed back together. I still haven’t seen them eat anything that I put in the tank, but their bellies are full from whatever they are finding in the tank. Just like Ted suggested, in a couple days I will put them back together and let them work it out. These two photos are from Poma Labs and used with their Permission.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg E1A8C386-4CC2-46CC-8D7C-E30277EA8F33.jpg (38.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 468D357C-BE38-453B-BEFC-C4E0C326C93C.jpg (38.4 KB, 56 views)
Unread 06/21/2018, 09:37 AM   #242
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancun View Post
Great!!! I was hoping this thread would become more active....I just added a month ago a captive bred Singapore Angel.... absolutely is doing better great...here are some pics of the little guy...eats Mysis like a champ...and nori from my grazer.....

How is she doing?

Unread 06/21/2018, 09:39 AM   #243
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
The Poma Labs bluelines came in around 1 & 1.5 inch. The larger one ripped the tail fin up on the smaller one. It is funny that since they have the egg crate between them they both keep running to the crate to look at each other and displaying for each. Their blue lines really brighten up when doing this. After a few days apart the smaller ones tail has healed back together. I still haven’t seen them eat anything that I put in the tank, but their bellies are full from whatever they are finding in the tank. Just like Ted suggested, in a couple days I will put them back together and let them work it out. These two photos are from Poma Labs and used with their Permission.
They are so darn adorable! Update

Unread 11/26/2018, 01:58 PM   #244
jluk
Registered Member

Regal Angelfish - some new experience with Regal after a long time in the tank. Older and larger fish. Acroporas is safe? Thank you

jluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2018, 03:20 PM   #245
carrots
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluk View Post
Regal Angelfish - some new experience with Regal after a long time in the tank. Older and larger fish. Acroporas is safe? Thank you
My Regal Angels have not touched clams or any Acros. With other corals it has been hit or miss. Soft corals like Nephthia have gradually disappeared but Ricordea seem to go untouched. The following LPS seem to survive: Hammers, Grapes, Duncan, and Blastos, This is just my experience with my two Regal Angels and I know others will have different experiences.

Unread 11/28/2018, 08:29 AM   #246
jluk
Registered Member

Thank you for answer.

I have a lot of corals in the aquarium - SPS Acroporas and LPS (Euphyllia, Scolymia, Catalphyllia, Goniopora, .........) and one fish shop says Regal is safe for LPS and second shop says very danger for LPS. I know each fish is different, but I wanted some opinion from long time owners

Unread 11/28/2018, 01:39 PM   #247
OrionN
Moved on

Two Regal Angels in my tank for about 10 months. No pecking at SPS, soft coral, LPS or clams.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2018, 02:45 PM   #248
jluk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
Two Regal Angels in my tank for about 10 months. No pecking at SPS, soft coral, LPS or clams.
Great. Thank for you experience.

Unread 12/24/2018, 05:13 AM   #249
tony73
Registered Member

Hello
I would like To put in my tank IMPERATOR and SEMICIRCULATUS Juvanile both together.

Someone that have both? Any issue?

I’ve Reef tank full SPS, but i want To know If They can be aggressive about them.....

tony73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/11/2019, 06:19 PM   #250
carrots
Registered Member

Markings are too similar so unless you have a huge tank I would not try