Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/11/2013, 01:36 PM   #401
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

Derek,

Our servers experienced a short outage this morning (relating to Amazon, not a bug in ESL) but the site is back up and fully functional. Let us know if you have issues still.

TheReeferd,

You can access the ESL site on your iOS device, but the light needs to be connected to a computer with the connection manager running in order to control/program the lighting.

We're currently developing a solution for a 100% truly wireless experience; stay tuned...

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/11/2013, 05:42 PM   #402
chercm
Registered Member

feels really good to hear that some one is looking into the wireless experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Service View Post
Derek,

Our servers experienced a short outage this morning (relating to Amazon, not a bug in ESL) but the site is back up and fully functional. Let us know if you have issues still.

TheReeferd,

You can access the ESL site on your iOS device, but the light needs to be connected to a computer with the connection manager running in order to control/program the lighting.

We're currently developing a solution for a 100% truly wireless experience; stay tuned...

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2013, 10:28 AM   #403
corndog1212
Registered Member

i have read all the posts here and have not seen any coments lately. I run two gen1 radions over my 75gal with two mp10w sps tank with the desktop utility version. How is everyone doing with the latest update. I am scared to change anything because i dont have the time to change back if the lights dont work right for me. I know it is still in beta, that is why im relaying on others to keep me in the loop. Also how does the moon phase look over your tanks, thats one of the main reasons i want to update but it can wait no rush here. I love my lights and pumps.

corndog1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2013, 03:20 PM   #404
cmacld
Registered Member

i tried using it 2 months ago, not impressed... still had some bugs (i use a mac btw).

However, i just tried it again the other night for the first time in months, updated fixtures and WHAMO! NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!

i have since tried to update some things over the past couple days, but it seems to hang. I think there might be a sever issue going on again, not positive though.

maybe some from Ecotech will chime in?

Current Tank Info: 100g rimless
cmacld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2013, 03:23 PM   #405
cmacld
Registered Member

i tried using it 2 months ago, not impressed... still had some bugs (i use a mac btw).

However, i just tried it again the other night for the first time in months, updated fixtures and WHAMO! NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!

i have since tried to update some things over the past couple days, but it seems to hang. I think there might be a sever issue going on again, not positive though.

maybe some from Ecotech will chime in?

Current Tank Info: 100g rimless
cmacld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2013, 12:18 AM   #406
Millticket
Registered Member

I gave esl another shot tonight after waiting a couple months. No problems at all setting things up. Got to play around with the new modes a little before settling in on a tradtional reef at 55% intensity with lunar cycles over my 40b. I'm excited to see how the tank responds. I had been using plan old natural setting for the past year. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting in!

Unread 01/26/2013, 12:41 AM   #407
corndog1212
Registered Member

so when you get your lights udated and running do you have to leave them pluged into the computer to have the lunar phases work? Or any of the other new functions ecosmart live has now?

corndog1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2013, 09:22 AM   #408
mfinn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog1212 View Post
so when you get your lights udated and running do you have to leave them pluged into the computer to have the lunar phases work? Or any of the other new functions ecosmart live has now?
No

Unread 03/23/2013, 01:17 AM   #409
echoreef
Registered Member

I am new to this ESL thing, but had my 3 Radions for a year now. Been using the desktop utility with no issue. Due to daylight saving time, I wanted to update the clock and give ESL a try. Bad mistake. I can't even get my 3 Radions to recognize each other wirelessly. Now I have separate groups and have to program each one individually. I can't even get the lunar cycle to work since they aren't grouped correctly. I tried the factory reset, firmware update thing on each radion, no luck. Tried unplug all the cords for power reboot, no go either. So I thought I could go back to the old desktop utility. Wrong again. The old program no longer recognizes these 3 as a group. They can't see each other wirelessly either. So I wasted an entire day with no luck. Going to have to work with Ecotech Support next week to figure this one one. It shouldn't be this hard.

echoreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2013, 07:19 AM   #410
mfinn
Registered Member

Every single problem I've had were fixed with a phone call to Ecotech. Usually within a few minutes.

Unread 03/23/2013, 06:47 PM   #411
brad65ford
Registered Member

Is it me or is Live down?

Unread 03/23/2013, 09:56 PM   #412
RoGeTa
Registered Member

I just used it for the last hour. But it's it's been a few hours since you originally posted.

the little read house is just my myspace, I do not have a cool reef website yet ):

Current Tank Info: 115 Just set up!
RoGeTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2013, 03:02 PM   #413
wrxreefer823
Registered Member

Don't know if this has been covered or not, but after an hour or so of cursing and practically throwing my laptop, I discovered that the problem was my browser. I was using Safari and it wasn't letting me import my schedule. As soon as I switched to Chrome, BAM! No problems. I hope this helps!

Current Tank Info: Currently setting up a Red Sea 625 XXL
wrxreefer823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2013, 08:37 PM   #414
Showdizzle
Registered Member

So in order for my radion to be controlled wireless, it needs to be connected to another computer at all times. And from there i can configure through other devices like tablets, phone, other comp. etc?

Showdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2013, 05:43 PM   #415
Koral_Keeper
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showdizzle View Post
So in order for my radion to be controlled wireless, it needs to be connected to another computer at all times. And from there i can configure through other devices like tablets, phone, other comp. etc?
Yes... as long as the browser that you use will play nice with ESL.

Koral_Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/25/2013, 10:37 PM   #416
Showdizzle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koral_Keeper View Post
Yes... as long as the browser that you use will play nice with ESL.

Thanks, that seems kind of like a nuisance though to leave my laptop plugged into the mini usb all the time. I'll stick with the ecosmart utility for now.

Showdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2013, 07:00 AM   #417
chercm
Registered Member

it is such a nuisance for the Ecotech live.

Unread 07/02/2013, 09:06 AM   #418
Koral_Keeper
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercm View Post
it is such a nuisance for the Ecotech live.
I agree. I think Ecotech should have continued updating the desktop software until ESL was out of beta.

The conundrum is that the desktop software is reliable and works but does not have many of the features that ESL has. The BIIIIGGG problem with ESL is that it is incredibly unreliable. And yes, everyone, I know that the word, "BETA," is splashed all over the ESL software.

Koral_Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/07/2013, 06:18 PM   #419
chercm
Registered Member

it cannot stop connect and also cannot download the connection manager

Unread 10/21/2013, 08:06 AM   #420
anemoneguy
Registered Member

wow. wish i had of found this thread earlier. i just got my pro on saturday and have had nothing but trouble. finally got it to work by setting my schedule off of what esl said it was. i couldn't get the time of day to update. so i had to make my lights come on at 7pm and off at 7am which was really 10a to 10p. and now i cant log in at all. i wonder how well returns work.

anemoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/21/2013, 10:24 AM   #421
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

Anemone,

If you're having trouble with EcoSmart Live, I recommend following the steps below:

1. Disconnect via USB and power down all lights for at least 30 seconds
2. Log in to EcoSmart Live using Google Chrome or Safari
3. Select the “Settings” then “New Profile” and “Yes”
4. Log out of EcoSmart Live
5. Start the Connection Manager and connect via USB to one Radion
6. Right click the connection manager icon select “USB Radion” then “Factory Reset” and “Yes”
7. Repeat step 6 for each light
8. Log in to EcoSmart Live and program your lights using the Aquarium Setup
9. Select the “Program All” button to save all changes

If you continue to experience issues, Please give us a call 1-800-785-0338 Ext. 2.

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2013, 11:41 AM   #422
asylumdown
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Y EcoTech View Post
Anemone,

If you're having trouble with EcoSmart Live, I recommend following the steps below:

1. Disconnect via USB and power down all lights for at least 30 seconds
2. Log in to EcoSmart Live using Google Chrome or Safari
3. Select the “Settings” then “New Profile” and “Yes”
4. Log out of EcoSmart Live
5. Start the Connection Manager and connect via USB to one Radion
6. Right click the connection manager icon select “USB Radion” then “Factory Reset” and “Yes”
7. Repeat step 6 for each light
8. Log in to EcoSmart Live and program your lights using the Aquarium Setup
9. Select the “Program All” button to save all changes

If you continue to experience issues, Please give us a call 1-800-785-0338 Ext. 2.
Hi Alex, One question on this as I'm having some problems as well trying to get one radion out of 7 to be detected wirelessly, or detect the other 7 if the USB cord is plugged in to it. In step 1, you say to unpower all radions for at least 30 seconds, do you also mean to return power to them in that step, or should you leave them unpowered as you factory reset them?

asylumdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2013, 07:55 AM   #423
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

asylum,

You are to only power down the Radion for 30 seconds, meaning please return power to the Radion after 30 seconds.

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/23/2013, 01:10 PM   #424
pnefos
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Marine View Post
Just letting you guys know that we're aware of your problems and are working hard to get it resolved ASAP.
Problem is, it's almost Christmas and my problems of connecting as the same as many on this site.

pnefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/23/2013, 09:22 PM   #425
fishmanstan
Registered Member

I'm having the same problem! Not picking up wireless. One lights on and the other is off! I'm in need of serious help!!

fishmanstan is offline   Reply With Quote