Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > SCUBA/Snorkeling
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/20/2018, 11:19 PM   #1
WLachnit
Registered Member

Diving in Bali

Considering a trip to Bali or Indonesia in general. anyone with experience or reccommendations? What are the highlights?

WLachnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2018, 06:06 PM   #2
ace_92101
Registered Member

Bali is a very interesting place. That said, many areas can be very touristy. It's a big island with different types of diving that can require long van rides. Nusa Penida, in the south, is famous for pelagic fish and strong currents. It's not for the faint of heart.

Most people stay in the southern part of the island. There're several touristy areas in this area. The east coast is often overlooked as it's a fair distance from where most tourists stay. There are some good sites, including one of the best wreck dives in the world, the USS Liberty. it's a shore dive. Also look at Amed.

The north can be very laid back. Menjangan Island is the highlight. You might want to look at the large island next door, Lombok. Just past Lombok are the Gili Islands. I was in the Gili Islands years ago, so I'm sure it's much more developed now. You might also want to spend a few days in Ubud in the central part of Bali. A very interesting, cultural place. I hope this helps a little bit.

ace_92101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2018, 12:37 AM   #3
lhthe
Registered Member

Location: 8/56 My Phuoc Tan Van, KP. Binh Thuan 1, P. Thuan Giao, Tx. Thuan An, T. Binh Duong 590000
me and my frends will come Bali in nex week :P

lhthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2018, 02:27 PM   #4
WLachnit
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_92101 View Post
Bali is a very interesting place. That said, many areas can be very touristy. It's a big island with different types of diving that can require long van rides. Nusa Penida, in the south, is famous for pelagic fish and strong currents. It's not for the faint of heart.

Most people stay in the southern part of the island. There're several touristy areas in this area. The east coast is often overlooked as it's a fair distance from where most tourists stay. There are some good sites, including one of the best wreck dives in the world, the USS Liberty. it's a shore dive. Also look at Amed.

The north can be very laid back. Menjangan Island is the highlight. You might want to look at the large island next door, Lombok. Just past Lombok are the Gili Islands. I was in the Gili Islands years ago, so I'm sure it's much more developed now. You might also want to spend a few days in Ubud in the central part of Bali. A very interesting, cultural place. I hope this helps a little bit.
Thanks for the feedback. Was planning a trip to Fiji, but then I thought that a trip to Indonesia might be more interesting and divers for one of my daughters who is a non diver.

WLachnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2018, 04:31 PM   #5
ace_92101
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLachnit View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Was planning a trip to Fiji, but then I thought that a trip to Indonesia might be more interesting and divers for one of my daughters who is a non diver.
I agree. A lot more to do for non divers. Parts of Bali have a reputation as Australia's party island.

ace_92101 is offline   Reply With Quote