Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/10/2017, 07:52 AM   #1
drtrash
Registered Member

BK 160 cup?

Recently purchased a vs12 and foam collection cup has gray pvc like volute, all pics I have seen are white, random color change or new trend?

drtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/10/2017, 08:10 AM   #2
drtrash
Registered Member

Gray bottom

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8CD4934E-98A8-44D2-A4FE-5E4E94BF10BB.jpg (62.7 KB, 10 views)
Unread 10/10/2017, 09:48 AM   #3
slief
RC Sponsor

The newer ones are using white PVC. Other than that, they are the same.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/10/2017, 06:26 PM   #4
drtrash
Registered Member

What timeframe was grey used? Bought this used

Unread 10/10/2017, 07:35 PM   #5
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrash View Post
What timeframe was grey used? Bought this used
It’s been a few years or so.. It’s really only an aesthetic change. The body hasn’t changed nor has the motor. It’s a great skimmer. Heck, I bought a used one not too long ago (we were out of stock on them) for a smaller system I had at my house and ended up selling it because I decided not to keep the system up.

I was really impressed with that little skimmer. While I handle the support for RE, it’s not like I get to “test drive” every model. I knew the motor well from past experiences and support efforts. Those pumps when properly maintained will last indefinitely. The Red Dragon pump that is in that skimmer is one of the most coveted skimmer pumps you can get. I knew the build quality of the skimmer from having handled them at shows and stuff. What really impressed me was the performance of that little skimmer. It honestly changed my views on skimmers with pumps integrated into the body. I had an SCA skimmer here with the integrated pump as a brand new AquaMaxx CO-1. The SCA was included with that tank. The AquaMaxx was my replacement for it. I just couldn’t leave well enough alone. I wanted a Mini 160 but we didn’t have them in stock and then happened upon one that was in great shape and at the right price so I jumped on it.

The Mini 160 was in a completely different league. It not only weighed twice as much which spoke volumes about the build quality but the performance and consistency was 2nd to none. I think you are going to love that skimmer.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 10/10/2017 at 07:43 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote