Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/20/2018, 01:14 PM   #1
Old Salt 64
Registered Member

Octo 3000 XT Skimmer Hookup

Just received my unit and the instructions consist of a parts blowup. If I need more I'm supposed to got to Coralvue/support

I have yet to find anything and posted a ticket where as I received an email about 4 days later since I had not responded they were going to close my ticket. I replied back requesting they not do that and tried to access my account to view their response. Now I cant login as it does not recognize my user/email name or password so ok I request a password reset and never get it. If my email was incorrect then I should not have gotten the response that my ticket was being closed anyway.

Does anyone have the plumbing info. for this unit available or access to it?

If the supply pump is set up to feed this so the secondary can make froth then the supply must have an overflow that has to be plumber back into the sump in my opinion but want to verify.

China makes terrible translations to English but this is not even easy to find.

Anyone have this issue or am I getting senile?

Old Salt 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2018, 05:37 PM   #2
desjardinii
Registered Member

Yes you need to run the outlet via the gate valve, back to the sump. Have a look on youtube, there should be someone who's put a video up of one setup and running. I have a 5000 ext if you need more help let me know.

desjardinii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/2018, 06:20 AM   #3
Old Salt 64
Registered Member

Skimmer setup

Thanks!

Sometimes I forget about Utube

Unread 09/24/2018, 09:34 AM   #4
Old Salt 64
Registered Member

Not finding anything on Utube that shows the hookup on all sides as well as what size pump to use for supply. I have a Mag 9.5 that I plan on using.

If anyone knows of a good link on Utube let me know.

Thanks

Unread 09/24/2018, 02:17 PM   #5
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Salt 64 View Post
Not finding anything on Utube that shows the hookup on all sides as well as what size pump to use for supply. I have a Mag 9.5 that I plan on using.

If anyone knows of a good link on Utube let me know.

Thanks
with a few clicks I was able to find youtube videos and review. should I post the links for you?

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2018, 06:56 PM   #6
desjardinii
Registered Member

A 9.5's probably too much flow and there won't be enough dwell time, I would run about 5-600gph through it. They're pretty easy to set up, using the exploded parts diagram and all the pieces are labelled. Just make sure the skimmer's up high enough so the gate valve and return outlet pipe are above the sump wall as it is gravity based.

desjardinii is offline   Reply With Quote