Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Genesis Reef Systems
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/12/2017, 03:41 PM   #1
teo241
Registered Member

renew controller freeze

I've had my storm and renew system running for about 2 months now.

I've had three separate occasions where the renew controller box freezes during a manual water change cycle -- all of the LEDs come on and stay lit and the right digital number display stays a solid "88". The system then stops functioning at all.

I have to cycle the power on the renew box to return it to normal function. The storm box hasn't had this problem.

Any idea why it is doing this?

Old 11/12/2017, 03:52 PM   #2
GenesisReefSys
RC Sponsor

Hello teo241,

I'm sorry to hear about this - that's a new one for me. This is the very first report of something like this I've ever heard since we introduced the RENEW™! I'm going to ask Ravi to get in touch with you to see if we can figure out what is going on.

By the way, can you expand upon what it is that you are doing when you say a "manual water change cycle?"

Thanks!
Kevin

Old 11/12/2017, 04:05 PM   #3
teo241
Registered Member

By manual I mean have the mode set to "continuous" and I have been pressing the yellow button to have the system change 8 gallons. I haven't set it to 'week' or 'day' yet -- because of this issue. I have a photo of the controller if you need which just shows all of the LEDs lit when it is 'frozen'.

Also, of note -- when I first started the system one of the metering reservoirs would not drain -- the solenoid that opens the drain valve wouldn't click open. No amount of resetting/cancelling did anything.

I ended up taking the back off of the metering reservoir and found one of the wires was not on the connector - once I reconnected it it has worked without any issue.

Old 11/13/2017, 03:41 PM   #4
GenesisReefSys
RC Sponsor

Thank you for the feedback. We will keep an eye on that area during assembly to be sure we get that terminal pressed on there tightly!

Also, thank you for the additional info on the issue your RENEW™ is experiencing. If Ravi hasn't already gotten in touch, he will be in touch soon.

Best regards,
Kevin

Old 11/13/2017, 03:46 PM   #5
teo241
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisReefSys View Post
Thank you for the feedback. We will keep an eye on that area during assembly to be sure we get that terminal pressed on there tightly!

Also, thank you for the additional info on the issue your RENEW is experiencing. If Ravi hasn't already gotten in touch, he will be in touch soon.

Best regards,

Kevin

Great, thanks Kevin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk