Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/26/2018, 01:24 PM   #1
Icewing726
Registered Member

Need help please

Wrasse was flashing a lot and I did a fresh water dip on it. Slightly longer than 4 minutes and I'm attaching photos of what was left behind (could have been sand and nothing more).

The temps were a match and she swam fine when she got back in the tank. Then moments later shes laying in the cave on her side breathing heavy. Should I do anything? Is she dieing because I tried the freshwater?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0000021.jpg (22.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg image0000011.jpg (18.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg image0000001.jpg (19.3 KB, 9 views)
Icewing726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2018, 01:50 PM   #2
Icewing726
Registered Member

Good news, the wrasse is on its feet again... pretty sure it muttered something anti-semitic as it swam by though...

Anyway, any idea as to what those things in the bowl are? I mean it looks like sand to me, but I have no idea which is why I'm asking you all.

Unread 04/26/2018, 05:38 PM   #3
Crooked Reef
Registered Member

I can’t really see them but maybe flukes from the gills? Was the only symptom the flashing or was there something more to make you dip him?

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon reef. Biocube 29 lionfish tank. Mantis tank.
Crooked Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2018, 05:56 PM   #4
carrots
Registered Member

Talking

[QUOTE=Icewing726;25424365]Wrasse was flashing a lot and I did a fresh water dip on it. Slightly longer than 4 minutes and I'm attaching photos of what was left behind (could have been sand and nothing more).

Maybe she is a flasher wrasse.

carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2018, 08:01 PM   #5
Icewing726
Registered Member

Sorry for the delayed reply, flashing scared me but at first it was only the head on the rock. Then she hit the sand and I had flash backs to years ago with the bi color angel I never should have bought that got ich.... I freaked and dipped her... She hasn't flashed since then, probably learned that her actions have consequences.

Good news is her and the lunare wrasse were hanging out this afternoon. The lunare has some speed, not sure if I should be worried watching her dart like that. Maybe she just got spooked, seems ok most of the time.

nice contribution carrots...