Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/19/2021, 03:24 PM   #1
mistergray
Registered Member

Suggestions on lighting for biocube 32 once I take the hood off

I’ve decided I’d like to take the top off my biocube and go with mounted lighting. I’m leaning towards the AI Prime 16HD or the Hyrda 32. I like that it’s app controlled and the price point. I’m open to other lighting options but I really want app control. Additionally, I have anemones and my ritteri in particular likes high lighting. Unfortunately, I’m not quite sure with the info provided on the AI lighting if it meets what I’ll need.

I’m open to other lighting if it meets around the same price points and amount of control. I’d like to know that whatever I go with meets the PAR requirements that a ritteri needs.

Open to suggestions…

mistergray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2021, 05:12 PM   #2
jcmjoe
Registered Member

If you check out the AI website and go to the signature settings you can see what one prime will do on a tank about your size and you can download the settings. The one I am referencing is Karen Vasquez. Its a beautiful 28 Gallon tank. I have a hydra 32 over a 40 breeder and I love it.

Current Tank Info: 50 gallon reef, 75 Gallon FOWLR
jcmjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/22/2021, 02:39 PM   #3
mistergray
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmjoe View Post
If you check out the AI website and go to the signature settings you can see what one prime will do on a tank about your size and you can download the settings. The one I am referencing is Karen Vasquez. Its a beautiful 28 Gallon tank. I have a hydra 32 over a 40 breeder and I love it.

Thx for your input! Are you using the standard mount AI makes for the hydra or did you find a different type of mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mistergray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/23/2021, 07:16 PM   #4
jcmjoe
Registered Member

I am using a the standard mount.

Current Tank Info: 50 gallon reef, 75 Gallon FOWLR
jcmjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2021, 09:40 PM   #5
joseserrano
Registered Member

Prime would be good