Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/04/2018, 07:14 PM   #3801
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugless View Post
I'm trying to connect to my hybrid for the first time and the browser isn't loading the page. Any help/suggestions?
Please email us for support. I would guess this is a Wifi powermodule which is a far different process vs what is being discussed currently here.

Please also review the quick start guide, it explains everything.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2018, 07:15 PM   #3802
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsRenstrom View Post
Ok, i have now tried one old Dell running Windows XP, one newer HP running Win8 and my own Mac running win10, all with the same result. I have also tried without the USB extention to eliminate any signal errors. Could the dongle be faulty?

//Nils

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
How many LED reflectors does your LED cluster have?
Can you provide a photo of the sticker on the inside of the leg of the power supply? Sounds like you have the wrong cord.

Unread 01/05/2018, 02:04 AM   #3803
NilsRenstrom
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
How many LED reflectors does your LED cluster have?

Can you provide a photo of the sticker on the inside of the leg of the power supply? Sounds like you have the wrong cord.

Hi! I really apriciate all the help. I have 13 reflectors, 4 are larger than the others.

The sticker says ”320 MH”.

Thank you!
//Nils

NilsRenstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2018, 10:51 AM   #3804
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi! I really apriciate all the help. I have 13 reflectors, 4 are larger than the others.

The sticker says ”320 MH”.

Thank you!
//Nils

Sounds like you have the proper cable, may however still be defective.

Unread 01/05/2018, 10:58 AM   #3805
NilsRenstrom
Registered Member

Quote:
Sounds like you have the proper cable, may however still be defective.

Its all very strange. I have a friend who has a similair fixture. I’m going to borrow his cable and see if that works.

Thanks!

Unread 01/05/2018, 11:19 AM   #3806
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Its all very strange. I have a friend who has a similair fixture. I’m going to borrow his cable and see if that works.

Thanks!

Unless he has the same short dongle with extension it won't. You have an Original Powermodule Gen 2, if he has an SST it will have a long cable and will not be compatible with your fixture for sure.

Unread 01/05/2018, 11:57 AM   #3807
NilsRenstrom
Registered Member

Quote:
Unless he has the same short dongle with extension it won't. You have an Original Powermodule Gen 2, if he has an SST it will have a long cable and will not be compatible with your fixture for sure.

Great info! Thanks! I’ll see what kind of cable he has.

Are there replacement dongles for sale somewhere? Couldn’t find the part on Ati europe’s website... maybe i need to contact my lfs

//N

Unread 01/05/2018, 03:10 PM   #3808
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Great info! Thanks! I’ll see what kind of cable he has.

Are there replacement dongles for sale somewhere? Couldn’t find the part on Ati europe’s website... maybe i need to contact my lfs

//N

You are looking for ATI Part: 1188-MISC

Cheers

Unread 01/06/2018, 09:28 PM   #3809
Dugless
Registered Member

I’ve tried a few emails for help, but I still can’t make a connection to my Hybrid light. I’ve entered the IP address in my briowser, but the page times out and doesn’t load anything. I’ve read through the quick start guide a few times, am I missing something?

Dugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2018, 09:46 PM   #3810
bsme
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm trying to connect to my hybrid for the first time and the browser isn't loading the page. Any help/suggestions?
Do you have the WiFi version? Didn’t know they were available in US yet. Otherwise you have to connect via the usb dongle, running the ATI Light Studio software. I.e., non-WiFi versions do not control the light via an app or webpage.

bsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2018, 09:53 PM   #3811
Dugless
Registered Member

It is a WiFi hybrid. It didn’t come with any cords for connection.

Unread 01/06/2018, 10:56 PM   #3812
bsme
Registered Member

Quote:
Missed that part. Congrats. Looks like you might have to take the lead on these types of issues. Hopefully it’s a simple fix. When you get things squared away please let us know your impressions of the control & led’s. Not a lot of firsthand info out there on the newer led clusters.

bsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2018, 06:44 PM   #3813
Punchanello
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Dugless, I had an issue initially (user error). Maybe I can help?

You should be able to see "ATI-Fixture" in your available networks on the device you are using. Select it. I used an Android smart phone. If your device is like mine it will tell you that the network doesn't have internet access and may ask you to confirm that you still want to connect to it. Say yes/ok. Once you're connected then enter the IP address. It took a little while for mine to load up the first time.

All I got with mine was a little sticker on the control box with instructions which weren't that clear. I suspect there may have been a little lost in translation. The first time I tried I accidentally logged in to my home wi-fi modem because the IP address is generic to a number of wi-fi routers and modems. Don't try the IP address until you've connected to "ATI-Fixture" network.

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315

Last edited by Punchanello; 01/07/2018 at 07:01 PM.
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2018, 06:55 PM   #3814
Dugless
Registered Member

Thanks for the help, it is indeed listed in my available networks. The instructions were almost non existent and the quick start guide didn't mention anything past using the 192.168.1.1/login address in a web browser. The materials provided (or lack thereof) are kind of crazy considering the hefty price tag of the fixture.

The software itself is difficult to understand too, Should I assume Tube 1 and Tube 2 are the banks of T5s? And the Spots are the LEDs?

Unread 01/07/2018, 07:00 PM   #3815
Punchanello
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for the help, it is indeed listed in my available networks. The instructions were almost non existent and the quick start guide didn't mention anything past using the 192.168.1.1/login address in a web browser. The materials provided (or lack thereof) are kind of crazy considering the hefty price tag of the fixture.

The software itself is difficult to understand too, Should I assume Tube 1 and Tube 2 are the banks of T5s? And the Spots are the LEDs?
Yes that's correct. I have the 4 bulb version to the banks correspond to the two back and two front bulbs. Might be different if you have more bulbs.

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/08/2018, 12:03 PM   #3816
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsme View Post
Missed that part. Congrats. Looks like you might have to take the lead on these types of issues. Hopefully it’s a simple fix. When you get things squared away please let us know your impressions of the control & led’s. Not a lot of firsthand info out there on the newer led clusters.
The 4 and 8 bulb versions in black are currently available in North America. The 6 bulb, white and silver are all special order.

Unread 01/08/2018, 12:07 PM   #3817
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed by the information provided. There is a lot of detail in the content that can very easily be overlooked.

For anyone looking for help. Here is the portion of the quick start guide regarding setup:

8. Connect control box to computer.
a. Wired Connection: Connect an Ethernet cable from the port on your computer to the port on the control box.
b. Wireless Connection: Open the wireless settings and connect to “ATI-Fixture.” This also may take a few minutes. (While you are connected to the control box wirelessly, you will not be able to access your normal wireless internet connection.)
9. Open a web browser and navigate to 192.168.1.1/login
10. Login with default username and password: (admin/admin)
11. Select your language.
12. Set new username and password. Write them down or save them as there is no way to retrieve them if they are forgotten.
13. Choose your type of lamp. a. 24” fixture = 1 module (1x75W) b. 36” fixture = 2 module (2x75W) c. 48” fixture = 3 module (3x75W) d. 60” fixture = 4 module (4x75W)
14. Run self-test.
15. Save settings.
16. Login again with your new username and password.
17. Open the “Settings” tab and set the fan value. Do NOT skip as failure to set the fans correctly may cause the fixture to overheat and cause damage to the fixture. a. For a 4 or 6 bulb fixture: enter 5 b. For an 8 bulb fixture: enter 7
18. Use the default program installed with your fixture or create a new one using the Chart and Lamp tabs. (See reverse side for lots of great help.)

A few things to note:
No network will be found until both green lights on the box are solid. It takes longer than one would think for the box to boot up and start broadcasting a WiFi network signal.

If anyone needs additional help we are here to do so!

Unread 01/10/2018, 12:00 AM   #3818
theshaman
Registered Member

Hi ati powermodule
Users.
I have a question about what percentage I should have my leds at. My tank is 24 inches high. The light is about 8-9 inches above he water.
I have them at 60% right now and was thinking about lowering them. I’m not sure if I’m giving my corals too much light and slowing down growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/10/2018, 12:43 PM   #3819
Dugless
Registered Member

For the last few nights, my lighting schedule has decided to turn back on in the middle of night even though the program is for 7am-10pm. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATISchedule.jpg (29.4 KB, 55 views)
Unread 01/11/2018, 08:59 PM   #3820
Dugless
Registered Member

When assigning a schedule, do the changes only occur if there is a node, or does the fixture account for and make gradual changes even if nodes are hours apart?

Unread 01/12/2018, 10:08 AM   #3821
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
When assigning a schedule, do the changes only occur if there is a node, or does the fixture account for and make gradual changes even if nodes are hours apart?
It will make gradual changes. Both the intensity and the color.

Unread 01/12/2018, 10:10 AM   #3822
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
For the last few nights, my lighting schedule has decided to turn back on in the middle of night even though the program is for 7am-10pm. Any ideas why this might be happening?
Are you turning off power? For example if it is on an Apex, do you cut power at some point? It sounds like it is loosing time.

If that is not it, I would recommend a full factory reset and load the program back to the light again. Its possible the file is just corrupt.

WiFi version - use a paperclip to push the button in the hole just above the ethernet port for 10 seconds.

Non WiFi - Use the menu on the controller to reset.

Unread 01/23/2018, 09:09 AM   #3823
pakirri
Registered Member

Hey folks, anyone could measure the thickness of their powermodule acrylic cover? I measured mine and measures 0.156" which is 5/32 and I am having a really hard time finding someone that sells this type of sheet. I ordered a replacement on ATI north america but it takes 3 weeks and I dont know if I want to wait that long.

pakirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2018, 11:13 AM   #3824
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakirri View Post
Hey folks, anyone could measure the thickness of their powermodule acrylic cover? I measured mine and measures 0.156" which is 5/32 and I am having a really hard time finding someone that sells this type of sheet. I ordered a replacement on ATI north america but it takes 3 weeks and I dont know if I want to wait that long.
Unfortunately this is 4mm Metric acrylic which I do not believe is available in North America. This is why our distributor supplies replacement shields for Powermodules. While not cheap since it is imported from Germany it is likely your best bet.
You can find replacement shields on our parts store.atinorthamerica.com

Unread 01/23/2018, 11:37 AM   #3825
pakirri
Registered Member

Quote:
Unfortunately this is 4mm Metric acrylic which I do not believe is available in North America. This is why our distributor supplies replacement shields for Powermodules. While not cheap since it is imported from Germany it is likely your best bet.
You can find replacement shields on our parts store.atinorthamerica.com
Great to hear you guys are using 4mm. I will keep my order in transit.
thanks

pakirri is offline   Reply With Quote