Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/22/2006, 04:35 PM   #1
supernareg
Registered Member

Question 2 new SH tanks, questions.

i have a 12 gal aquapod, hoping to house either 2 regular horses (prolly yellow) or about 6 dwarf horses. my other tank is a 30 gal tall with 15 gal sump and euroreef skimmer, with buncha softies. in this i'm hopint to house 4 regular horses, 2 black / 2 yellow or 2 red and 2 yellow. now my question is... what would i need to add in the tank? both tanks have little flow... i dont have any stinging corals (i do but i'ma take em out and put them in my 20 gal SPS), what am i going to feed them? brine shrimp? i cant "make my own stuff" so i have to buy it. how bout the dwarf horses? what do i feed those? how big do the dwarfs get? how small are they usually? what temprature should i keep them at? 76?78F? thanks.

supernareg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2006, 04:52 PM   #2
Fishfreak218
Registered Member

Dwarf horses need live brine shrimp and if you get horses from www.seahorse.com (oceanrider) or www.seahorsesource.com or some other Captive Bred Seahorse..they will eat Frozen Mysis Shrimp IMHO a 12g. Aquapod is just to small for anything but Dwarf seahorses and maybe Capensis.. anyway read up on here and www.seahorse.org hth
-josh

-10g. frag tank (soon)

Current Tank Info: 90g. Reef, 30g. Cube cuttlefish reef
Fishfreak218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2006, 06:32 PM   #3
supernareg
Registered Member

yes, ofcourse i'll be getting captive so i can feed them frozen mysis.

supernareg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2006, 06:56 PM   #4
Fredfish
Registered Member

What fishfreak218 said. With anything other than dwarves in the 12g you will have both a water quality and space issue with anything larger.

Fred

Fredfish is offline   Reply With Quote