Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/06/2019, 04:42 AM   #26
gareth.hubbarde
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.falk View Post
Try some Chemi-Clean. We used it on our 90 gallon display at work that was full of corals. Never had any issues with livestock being affected and it took care of the cyano issue quickly.
Chemi clean worked fab on my 94 litre and my new 300 litre. It's a cheat but who cares if it works?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

gareth.hubbarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/06/2019, 04:45 PM   #27
RyvBoy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.falk View Post
That might've been the wrong video. They have a few of them on live sand...I was trying to answer the why do they sell live sand part of your question.

In one of the videos Ryan explains that one type of live sand is covered in live bacteria while other types are seeded with dormant bacteria that become live once the right conditions are met.

Personally I have used live sand in all of my saltwater aquariums to date and I did not wash any of it beforehand. This made the water cloudy for days. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely wash it to remove all the fine particles before adding it to an aquarium and then add a bottle of live bacteria afterwards to get things going.

My personal opinion is that it is a gimmick to get more money out of people. Even knowing this I still buy it because I like the particular look of the Ocean's Direct sand.
Anyway we are OT, I move it here

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...2#post25602712

RyvBoy is offline   Reply With Quote