Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/19/2018, 02:26 PM   #876
jackson6745
Yeah Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by markalot View Post
Very cool. I regret not getting into the hobby sooner, I know very little about some of the older acros. Red Robin is the oldest known named that I have. Well, the slimer I suppose, but that doesn't count.
It was much more simple back then but it blows my mind how much the hobby has advanced in the past 20 years, not to mention the coral selection available today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Nice shots, Rich. Corals look super happy.
Jealous of your OT! Just can’t seem to get that up here not true OT, anyways. Lots of super blue gomezi that can look like it but not the real thing, I don’t think.
You have some very promising frags in there!
Original OT is very hard to find these days. Im thinking about moving my tenuis off to the side and putting OT in the center of the tank with high par. It's been growing very slowly lately. It needs a refreshing

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.intheC View Post
Incredible looking corals - congrats Rich!
Thanks Eric. Go visit Kenny when you're ready. He has so many nice SPS that he doesn't list.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2357196"]http://www.reefcentralcom/forums/showthread.php?t=2357196
Officially Done Shipping
jackson6745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2018, 03:04 AM   #877
Piper27
I love bengals

Jackson you just reminded me I bought some ushio bulbs and they wouldn't fit into my soligfoi halide fixtures! I gotta call them, have you asked them about a refund yet?

Tanks looking great! Still have that nice tenuis?

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2018, 11:02 AM   #878
jackson6745
Yeah Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
Jackson you just reminded me I bought some ushio bulbs and they wouldn't fit into my soligfoi halide fixtures! I gotta call them, have you asked them about a refund yet?

Tanks looking great! Still have that nice tenuis?
Yea, i sent bulb back to Premium Aquatics and they refunded with no problem. I still have the tenuis but lost the red on it. Working on getting it to color up again I think I have to move it to a better spot.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2357196"]http://www.reefcentralcom/forums/showthread.php?t=2357196
Officially Done Shipping
Unread 03/21/2018, 11:26 AM   #879
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson6745 View Post
Yea, i sent bulb back to Premium Aquatics and they refunded with no problem. I still have the tenuis but lost the red on it. Working on getting it to color up again I think I have to move it to a better spot.
I remember that pic of your tenuis waay back when you first started getting the red. Was an amazing shot!
That pic was a forerunner to the crazy tenuis craze.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2018, 05:58 PM   #880
abhishek@1985
Registered Member

Jackson,

If you want a 10K halide, nothing comes close to XM 10K 250 watt. Sadly they dont make them anymore but I have a few in storage that I can spare.
The PAR readings of them are off the chart and not yellow as Ushios which is why I love them.

Regards,
Abhishek

abhishek@1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2018, 12:47 PM   #881
tmantaylor18
Registered Member

thinking about adding sand back to my tank after seeing yours. Seems like every couple years I go back to it. Do you vacuum the sand?

tmantaylor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2018, 05:13 PM   #882
Piper27
I love bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek@1985 View Post
Jackson,

If you want a 10K halide, nothing comes close to XM 10K 250 watt. Sadly they dont make them anymore but I have a few in storage that I can spare.
The PAR readings of them are off the chart and not yellow as Ushios which is why I love them.

Regards,
Abhishek
+1 my all time favorite bulb with a reeflux 12k and radium tied for second.

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2018, 04:01 AM   #883
jackson6745
Yeah Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
I remember that pic of your tenuis waay back when you first started getting the red. Was an amazing shot!
That pic was a forerunner to the crazy tenuis craze.
Yup, but I hate the way it turned out. Blue LED pics with orange gel filters, digital white balance on top of it.... guys really bought a unicorn, a very expensive one too. This was the real color that I had https://youtu.be/5vghMKwY7LQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek@1985 View Post
Jackson,

Regards,
Abhishek
oooooo I would gladly purchase one from you! I'll send a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmantaylor18 View Post
thinking about adding sand back to my tank after seeing yours. Seems like every couple years I go back to it. Do you vacuum the sand?
I don't clean the sand. Flow keeps stuff from settling, wrasses always digging, sand sifters help also I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
+1 my all time favorite bulb with a reeflux 12k and radium tied for second.
I have the reeflux 10k and 12k but at 400w I can't balance out the spectrum. Looks weird pink/yellow. When I run these bulbs at 250w color is much better.

Officially Done Shipping
Unread 03/23/2018, 06:20 AM   #884
reefmutt
Registered Member

What a stunner of a coral! And (gasp!) under real lighting!!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote